Chapter 29

As I was driving, I felt like a character in a book I had read. I felt like Q in Paper Towns by John Green looking for Margo. Marilyn was my Margo but she didn't run away and this was a mystery that had to be solved. I didn't care what it would take to have her in my arms again and to have her feel proud that I'm her boyfriend. I knew that each time someone tried to flirt with me or hook me up with someone I could say with pride, "No thanks Marilyn's my girlfriend." But it's not just her beauty that I was in love with. She knows that she's right without even saying anything and doesn't make you feel bad when you aren't. When ever you mess up she doesn't baby you but she will tell you to try again and again and again until you get it right. I know that from having her as a tutor for three months. As I stopped hating Marilyn and started to see who she really was, I realized that I had to change to win her over. So I did. I became a nicer version of Riker Lynch and she still managed to love me through the entire process. Not to mention her amazing talents with everything. No matter what task it is, she can always succeed. I'm so lucky to love her. And I wouldn't choose anyone else over her.

I took my exit into Oakland and took about another hour to find the right side of town, an extra sixty minuets to find the subdivision, and ten minuets to find the house and park. This was defiantly a typical abandoned house but I knew this was it. I shoved my keys in my pockets and walked up the path. I peeked in some windows and saw nothing, just blackness which was odd because it was only six in the evening. I came back around front and knocked in the door with my foot and totally raided the house, finding nothing. Not a clue anywhere in the entire house and I searched from top to bottom. There was no evidence that anyone had been in here since the old guy left so I left the house. I got in my car and hit the steering wheel wearily in defeat. "Fuck."

"Just give it time Riker." My mom said that night at dinner. I poked around with my fork and ate, but not much. "She'll turn up fine I promise." Mom and Dad planned the funeral for next Thursday but I doubted she'd be home by then. Mom kept babbling about how we all need to relax and hope and pray and hope and do all this stuff but my mind was on my main focus: Marilyn. It had only been one day so I decided to ease my mind by working on a new song. After dinner I cleaned up a little and went into my room, pulled out my song book, and cracked it open. The song was called Here Comes Forever. I grabbed my acoustic and started strumming.

------------

~Marilyn's POV~

"Get up bitch." Hanna spat. She had just fought me, but It was more of me sitting there while she kicked and punched at me. I picked my bruised and battered body up and hobbled behind Hanna but she stopped me.

"I didn't say follow me. I just said get up. Wait here." I stumbled to the hard bed and sat there while she was gone. I thought of being in this wretched place like this: for each day I'm in here, it's another day closer to being with Riker again. Or, it's another day that I come closer to death. She came back and threw an apple and a water bottle in and left. When she turned away, something fell out of her pocket but she didn't notice. I took a bite into the apple and opened the water. It was hot but it was still water and I drank it. The object Hanna dropped lit up and I went over to it, turning it over. It was a cell phone!

"Thank you God." I cheered and unlocked it, dialing Riker's number. When he picked up, and said hello, I just sat there, listening to the clarion voice I had fallen for.

"Oh my gosh," He must've realized it was me. "Marilyn! It's you! You're okay." Hanna came in looking angrier than a pissed off hippo.

"I love you." She took the phone from me and slapped me hard on the cheek. She pushed me down and sat on my chest, wrapping her hands around my throat, closing off my air flow. I gagged. I could feel one of my tendons snap.

"I told you how you would feel if you didn't make him back off." She gripped tighter and I could feel my vision starting to blur. "Now, it's time for you to join your family Marilyn. In hell." She got off of me and left the room. I sat up and got air into my lungs. I was sitting for around ten or fifteen minuets until I inhaled the smell of gasoline. My stomach churned and I thought I would throw up. The smell got stronger and stronger until I saw the clear liquid come under my door and then I realized what was happening.

"Help!" I started screaming knowing what she was going to do next. "Help me! Someome help!" I tried to unlock the door but it was locked from the outside. Riker, please hurry.

-----------

~Riker's POV~

"I got a call! Everyone in the van hurry!" I yelled and everyone was in the van within two minuets and I sped to the police station. I bursted through the doors. "I need someone to trace this call. It's important." I said to the lady at the front desk and she paged the same officer that works Marilyn's aunt's case.

"Mr Lynch what's the problem?" He asked.

I rushed, "My girlfriend just called me and I need you to trace the call. She's been missing for almost two days now." I handed him my iPhone and he took off my case, hooking it up to his computer and doing his thing. After about five minuets the computer dinged and printed out a map.

"Here, I'll escort you there." I nodded and took my phone sliding it back into it's case and getting in the van. I handed the map to Rydel who was in the passengers seat and she told me where to turn and was exit to take. We came to a house that was crazy creepy and smelled like gasoline. The detective had called for back up and the ambulance and fire truck were on there way, bound to arrive any minuet.

The officer got out and came up to my car. "Wait here son." I nodded and waited outside with my family. I was feeling really confident until I saw the lat thing I had ever wanted to see. Smoke.