Chapter 42

"Open it." Rydel said, crossing over to me. I opened the text, a video was attached. I hit play. It was Rocky, swinging from the heavy chandelier in the Lynch's living room. He swung back and forth, in nothing but his under wear, belting the lyrics to Wrecking Ball white Ross, Ryland, and Ratliff harmonized the background vocals, also in their underwear. I bursted into laughter and Rydel fell on the floor laughing. He captioned it, "Miss you. Hope you gals are having fun because we sure are. Love you!"

"Awe." I said. I saved the video and thought about posting it to Instagram. Rydel sat up, giggles still bubbling.

"Please send me that." She wiped tears from her eyes. "Boys. Gotta love them." I nodded. I itched my tattoo on my arm and had a flashback to the day I got it.

"So, what's been going on with you and Riker?" Murphy asked with a smile. "I know you've been dating for a while."

"Three years." I smiled.

"Right."

"And we've been having a lot of fun. Going to the fair and doing stuff together." Riker made funny faces from the outside room. He had left to go to the bathroom but has been doing this for about three minutes. I giggled. He walked in and pulled out his phone.

"Smile!" He chirped and I put on a big smile. He showed me the picture, my eyes bright and smile wide. Murphy winked at me and I felt a hot blush rush to my cheeks.

I snapped myself from my thoughts and smiled at Rydel. "Are you and Ben still together?"

She nodded. "Yeah. Things are what they used to be. I seem to have more fun with Ell than with my actual boyfriend."

"Have you kissed him yet?"

"No. I'm scared to. I don't want to kiss a guy I'm not going to be with more than two months."

"It's okay Delly. Just kiss him when you're ready." I let out a yawn and checked the time. It was 10:30. "I'm pretty tired and am going to go to bed. See you in the morning."

------------------

"Good morning Marilyn!" Rydel chirped the next morning. We ate some oatmeal and berries and Stormie told us the agenda for the day.

"You both brought your debit cards right?" Rydel and I nodded. "Great! We're going to go shopping around the city. I have to buy stuff for the beach house so I'm going to drop you girls off at the mall and pick you up at around five. If we leave in an hour you'll have about seven hours. Sound good?"

"Totally! I'm gonna go get some clothes on. Coming Rydel?" I said and Rydel came along with me. While one of us put on our clothes the other brushed their teeth. I put on a pair of shorts and a pink Hollister shirt. My hair was down so I pulled it into a ponytail and swiped on Chapstick. Rydel came back with her hair in a ponytail too. I brushed my teeth and put on a pair of blue sunglasses. I slipped on some shoes and grabbed my purse and phone.

"Mom, can you take a picture of us?" Rydel asked when we got outside. We wrapped our arms around each other and smiled, then Rydel picked me up and I made a surprised face. Rydel retrieved her phone from her mom and we loaded into the car. I posted the pictures we took after making them a collage. Instagram blew up with likes and Twitter blew up with retweets and favorites. The boys hadn't posted anything, aside from Ryland posting that video of Rocky.

The drive to the mall took about an hour and stormiest dropped us off with a smile. The mall was more of a strip mall with name brands from 'Coach' to 'Michael Kors'. There were so many stores, I wasn't sure seven hours would be enough! Rydel and I shared a look and squealed like to fat girls in a candy store.

"Oh my gosh! Let's go to that one first!"

--------

Three hours later and two armfuls of bags each, Rydel and I sat down at a Mexican place in the mall. "I love this dress I bought." I said, holding up the beautiful pale pink dress I got. It had a lacey top and chiffon bottom. "Plus these shoes!" I put the dress back and pulled out the sky high nude pumps I bought.

"That's a really cute outfit! But this skirt and top combination is the best I've ever done!"

"True." I giggled. Our waiter gave us a menu. "Man this place is dirt cheap. 76 cents for a taco? I'll take two, extra hot, with your cinnamon chips and a Dr. Pepper."

"I'll have the same." Rydel beamed and he took our menus. After we ate, we walked around some more. "Do you want to bring the boys back something?"

"Um, yeah. Like what?" I asked.

"I'll find something they can all share. You can go shop for Riker if you want. Meet back at the taco place in an hour?"

"Sure!" We walked our separate ways and I didn't know what to get Riker. I stumbled into a perfume store and the fumes overwhelmed my nostrils. A guy around Riker's age smiled from behind the counter. His smile was bright and white, not a tooth crooked. He had nice blue eyes and a cute shaggy haircut.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey. Can you help me find something for my boyfriend?"

The guy came around the counter. "Sure thing. Anything I should know about him?"

"Well he's going away for a while soon. Two month on tour with his band."

"Oh okay. Well, we have this one cologne that a lot of girls say smell amazing on guys. I have it on actually." I walked back to the back of the store and nonchalantly sniffed him. It. Smelled. So. Good. It has the perfect mixture of Hollister and the ocean and axe. He handed me a tester bottle.

"I'll take it." I smiled and looked around while he got a real bottle. I paid and thanked the guy. My phone rang as I walked out. I opened my purse and saw "Angel <3". Riker. He was supposed to leave me alone! I answered anyway.

"Yes?"

"Babe! I cannot wait for you to get home! These fuckers can't leave me alone." He was drunk.

"Oh really?" I decided to have some fun. "Hey Riker, have you seen my pet gargoyle lately?" I hung up with a smirk and texted Ross to film Riker's reaction. I got back to the taco place and saw Delly.

"I just had an interesting conversation. Anyways, ready?" I said upon arrival.

"Yeah. Mom said she's back where she dropped us off at."