Chapter 46

Riker's hand gripped mine and he smiled at me. "Trust me."

"Alright, Lynch." I smirked and Riker started to weave us throughout the crowd. He held onto my hand tightly as we broke free from the thumping party. Riker led me down the back alley, all the way down to the back of the club. There was a ladder on the wall.

"I know you'll think I'm crazy for making you do this, but you have to climb this ladder." Riker's words made my mouth drop. This ladder was at least two stories high, and the rungs looked rusty and old. I looked at Riker.

"Do you see the shoes I'm wearing?" I questioned, gesturing to the five inch heels I was in.

"Yes, but please? Just for me?" Riker gave me his best puppy eyes. They were so amazing, they could probably melt the heart of Satan.

I gave in. "Fine." Riker pecked my lips and I gripped the first rung. I started to climb, a little wobbly in my heels, but I climbed up. I eventually started to get sturdier and sturdier until I wasn't wobbly anymore.

"I'm right behind you." Riker informed when I was halfway up the ladder. I kept pulling myself up until I was finally to the top. I hauled myself over and wiped rust off of my hands. Riker popped up soon after, clapping his hands to remove rust.

"So, why'd you force me up here?" I chuckled.

Riker looked at me. "I'm going to murder you." He cracked a smiled and we laughed. "Just kidding. Look up." Riker wrapped his arms around my body and tilted my head up toward the sky. The moon was out and glowing, a sliver of a smile in the sky. Stars dusted the sky and I smiled as they twinkled and winked down at us, a truly beautiful sight.

"Wow." I gasped. "Riker, it's beautiful."

"Just like you." He said. Riker pressed his lips to mine and we both smiled into the kiss. I rested my head onto Riker's chest, his calm heart beat soothing. I felt his chest vibrate when he spoke. "I'm so glad I met you."

I looked back up to him. "I'm so glad I met you, too."

"I can't believe I used to be such an asshole to you. You didn't deserve that."

"Hey," I pulled away from him slightly. "It's over now. The point is, I love you, no matter what happens."

Riker's smile warmed my heart. "I love you too. And if I ever do something stupid, please don't leave me. I'd be a bigger mess than I already am."

"I won't. And trust me, I don't want to break your heart." I smiled up at Riker and he kissed me again. "You were my first everything, you know that?"

Riker's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," I pulled away from our hug and held his hand. "you were my first everything. My first kiss, my first boyfriend, my first true love." Riker spun me back into his chest. I smiled at Riker and his eyes twinkled. "Can you believe this is our last night together for two months?"

"I hate to realize it. How many kisses do I owe you?" He smiled.

"Twenty eight!" I beamed. Riker kissed me. "Twenty seven!"

Riker rolled his eyes. "You're such a dork." Riker glanced at his silver watch. "We should get back down there. I have to preform." Riker and I climbed back down the ladder and walked back into the club. We walked back to where the rest of R5 was and Riker grabbed his black bass.

"I'm gonna go hang out with Naomi. I'll see you up there." I told Riker.

"Wait," He said, pulling me close. He tossed his phone to Rydel. "Take a picture." Riker swung his bass to his back and placed his hands on my waist. He tilted me back and I placed my hands behind his neck. Riker kissed me and Rydel took the picture.

"Awe!" She exclaimed, making me blush. She handed Riker his phone and we smiled at the picture.

"Perfect. I'll send this to you." Riker set the picture as his wallpaper and I kissed his cheek. "Bye babe." He said.

"See ya!" I waved and headed back out to the crowd. I found Naomi and sat down at the bar with her. "I'll have a Coke please." I told the bartender.

"Hey girl." Naomi said. "Is the band about to preform?" She asked as the bartender set down my Coke.

"Yeah. Riker and I just took possibly the cutest picture ever!" I pulled out my iPhone and saw I had a text from Riker. It was the picture. I saved it and set it as my wallpaper. "See?" I showed Naomi.

She gushed, "Awe! You guys are too cute!"

I blushed. "Thanks." I scrolled through Instagram and posted the picture of Riker and I. I put my phone away when the band got on stage.

"Hey everyone! Thanks to everyone who came out tonight. And thanks to anyone and everyone who helped us land our first tour. We're gonna play some songs for you guys, so we hope you enjoy." Rydel said.

Riker took to the mic. "And thanks to my beautiful girlfriend Marilyn who helped out by singing earlier." I blushed as everyone saw me and cheered. "This first song is called Here Comes Forever."

----------------

Author's Note: Hey everyone! I'm on spring break! Woo hoo! But, I'm staying home :'(. Anyways, I can't get over the fact that I'm almost done with the this book and am starting on the second book! I mean, I remember when I got a hundred reads and I was shaking I was so happy! But now I have a hundred thousand?! Man! This book was a beautiful journey for me and I hope you all continue to read my sequel. Xoxo <3