Chapter 19

I carefully slid out of bed the next morning, being extra careful not to wake Lexi. I succeeded and picked some clothes, a white skirt, black top, and a bright blue infinity scarf. I rinsed off in the shower and did my normal hygiene routine and swiped on makeup. I straightened my hair and grabbed my phone from the changer.

"Bear Bear where are you going?" I heard Lexi yawn and I picked her up.

"I have to go to school. I'll be back later, I promise." I kissed her cheek and rocked her back to sleep. I turned off my light and slipped into my black wedges. I snatched lunch from the table and scurried out of the door. I drove to school and founnd my locker with a very angry Hanna next to it.

"Why couldn't you have told me about you and Riker?" She immediately scolded me.

"Because I knew you'd do something like this. Instantly scolding me like you're my mother." I hissed back putting in my combination. I checked my locker mirror and brushed my hair and got my books out. "You know, I know that your my best friend, but I thought you'd be happy that a guy actually likes me." I slammed my locker shut and looked Hanna in the eye.

"Yeah I am. I'm just warning you. Obviously your own mother didn't do a very good job at telling you who's scum and who's not." As soon as Hanna said, that tears started to dot my eyes.

"Don't you dare bring up my mother. You know, I thought that you were my friend!" My voice raised to a shout.

"I am your friend! I am trying to help you realize that Riker isn't good for you but you're blinded by your crush!"

I scoffed, "Please, you are blinded by Jai. You let him run your life and you know that him and Riker hate each other. Now get out of my life."

"Fine by me." She hurried off and I let my tears fall. I just got betrayed by my 'best friend'. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I knew it was Riker from his smell of this amazing cologne that I now loved.

"Marilyn who made you cry and why?" He lifted my chin with his thumb and forefinger, making me stare into his hazel eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it." I sniffled and Riker hugged me as I heaved a few long, hard sobs into his chest.

"Don't cry. You are too beautiful to cry." Riker kissed my tears away and I smiled.

"Thank you." I fixed my makeup and shut my locker once more. Riker kissed me one last time and I headed off to battle school.

----------------

At lunch I ate my food and was ready to get the day over with. I let Riker come home with me at the end of the day and told him to prepared for Lexi.

"Lexi-pooh! I have a surprise!" We heard footsteps stomp down the hallway and Lexi appeared, her hair a wild mess and she was still in her pjs.

"You're home!" I hugged her and cradled her in my arms.

"Lets get you cleaned up." I turned to Riker. "You can go in my room. Make yourself at home." I got out Lexi an outfit and helped her bathe. I combed her hair and put it into two high, curly pigtails. We found Riker in my room on his phone.

"Lexi this is Riker." She studied him for a while, taking in every detail. Soon enough she giggled and crossed over to him. She dropped herself in his lap and he laughed.

"Hi Lexi." He greeted her. "It's very nice to meet you."

"You're the boy on Marilyn's phone!" I saw Riker glance at me with a smirk and I looked away and played with invisible lint on my skirt.

"Yeah he is Lexi." I blushed and sat down in my bubble chair. "I think I'll call you Merida, because of your beautiful red curls!" Riker exclaimed, making Lexi squeal.

"Yay! And I'll call you Kristoff, because I love the movie Frozen!" I laughed at Lexi and thought of something.

"Lexi-pooh do you want to go to the park?" She nodded vigorously and slid off Riker's lap. I helped her into her shoes and changed mine into my flats. We all walked to the park, it was only three blocks away, and when we got there, Ross and Rocky were playing football.

"Hey guys!" Rocky crossed over to us and Ross threw the football too far and got it stuck in a tree.

"Good job. You deserve an award." I told him, sarcasm dripping from my voice. Ross rolled his eyes and threw his fourteen year old body into the tree. Rocky ignored him and stooped down to Lexi's level.

"Who's this little cutie?" He said in a baby voice.

"My little cousin Lexi. Lexi this is Rocky, Riker's brother." The two started to get to know each other and formed a big brother and little sister relationship. After taking Lexi to the swings and everything else in the park, we all departed and Riker walked me home. Lexi was out like a light in his arms and he carefully handed her to me.

"So," I whispered as I tucked Lexi into bed as Riker stood back and watched. "Tutoring. I was thinking tomorrow after school?" I walked over to him and he gave me a warm smile.

"What?" I asked.

"You're so amazing with children." I laughed at him quietly while he kept a serious expression. "I'm serious." I smiled and he kissed my nose and I walked him to the door.

"Bye Riker." I said. He waved and I shut the door, bound for bed myself.

Author's Note: So grateful for 11,000 reads! Thank you so much! Xo