"Yes, yes it does" smiled Geoffrey" Thank you, Mordred. Arianna must have dropped it accidentally, I keep telling her not to carry so many books at once " 

" Aria's here?" asked the knight perking up at the mention of the young princess.

"Yes, she's is in here somewhere near the east wing. Been there for about an hour now" Geoffrey smiled fondly" She often comes in here whenever she has time free to return a book or two or to take some out. Well, thank you again" 

" Any time" Mordred smiled in goodbye but instead of walking out of the library, he headed in the direction of the east wing. 

He found the princess in a corner of the east wing. There was a table that was littered with books and a huge open window letting sunlight stream into the room. Aria sitting at the table with her nose deep in a book. When Mordred cleared his throat to make himself known, Aria jumped and whirled around, startled.

" I'm sorry, Aria. I didn't mean to scare you" Mordred immediately apologised walking over to where she was sitting.

"It is alright, Mordred" Aria said standing up to face the knight properly. She smiled kindly at him but Mordred noticed that her smile didn't quite reach her eyes like it usually did.

" What are you reading?" Mordred asked pointing towards Aria's book.

Aria glanced back at her book before looking at Mordred again "Oh Uh, it's about magical creatures and beings. I thought I'd read it again" Aria answered awkwardly

" Again, how much time do you spend in here?" Mordred laughed

" I come in here whenever I have some spare time, just to get away from things." Aria sighed

" Not meaning to be rude, but why do you read so much?" Mordred asked timidly

"All my life, my father kept me here, in Camelot. But when I read, it feels like I'm out there, having adventures of my own without a care in the world" Aria admitted as she stared out of the open window with a faraway look in her eyes.
The sun shone brightly through the window lighting up her face and making her blond hair shine golden. Her blue eyes sparkled with hope and wonder about what else the world had to offer but also a hint of sadness and loneliness at the mention of her father.

Although her father had been quite strict and never allowed her to have any adventures, Aria still loved and cared about her father. After all, he was the only parent she had that she could remember.

" you've never been out of Camelot before?" Mordred asked causing Aria to look away from the window.

"Travelling to Ismere was the first time I was ever allowed out of the city walls. But it's better than nothing, right" Aria smiled

Mordred smiled back and was about to say something else when someone coughed from behind him, causing both Mordred and Aria turn to see Merlin standing there with this arms behind his back and a frown on his face.

" Aria, Arthur would like to see you in Gaius' chambers"

" Why? Is Arthur alright?!" Aria asked worried that Arthur had been somehow injured on their hunt.

" No, he's fine. He just wants to see you, it's important" Merlin explained

Aria sighed relieved and nodded " Ok, I'll be right there"

She turned around to pick up the book she was reading and placed it back on the shelf she found it on. She gave a quick, kind smile to Mordred before she hurried past him and Merlin.

Mordred watched her disappear into the labyrinth of shelves, disappointed that their moment was over so soon.

Merlin gave Mordred a look, that the young knight couldn't decipher before he ran to catch up with the young princess.
____________________________________