Chapter 35

"No"

"What do you mean no? I've said it once and I'm not going to say it again, get up"

Cades icey eyes turn deep blue as his anger starts to rise. I was pushing his buttons and I knew it. He wanted me to go down stairs and talk with Jai while he made something for us to eat.

I, however, did not want to talk to Jai right now. I love him to death I really do, but a part of me still feels hurt, deeply hurt that he decided to let Cade know my deepest, darkest secrets. If I had wanted Cade to know I would have told him.

Cade dislikes Jai, but he did give him a lot of information that Cade, as possessive and primal as they come, sees as a peace offering. Not to mention Cade has been obsessed with my eating habits lately and will use anything as an excuse to get me to eat.

A deep hymn comes from Cade and I snap back into reality. His eyes have gotten much darker.

"So what is it going to be? Are you going to listen or would you like me to help you with your decision?"

A shiver shoots down my spine.

I weigh my options. I know Cade wouldn't hurt me, but he would not hesitate to punish me, and i would end up doing what he wants anyway.

I slide of the bed, the front of my body meeting Cades. A small peck meets my forehead and I nuzzle into his chest. I could feel the anger leaving his body, he has been getting worked up a lot easier within these last couple of days.

I no doubt was going to listen to Cade but I wanted to stay in bed for longer. I wanted him to cuddle me, and make me feel safe. I wanted to ignore the outside world with him and stay in the comforts of our bed where Andrew couldn't get me.

"Alright baby, now go get some clothes on, I'm hungry"

I smile at his attempt to lighten the once tense atmosphere. If there is anything you need to know about Cade, it's that you do not question his authority or ignore his commands. Other than that he is usually calm and safe.

With a light tap to my bum, Cade gets me to the closet where I search for some clothes.

...

With lots of layers I slowly slink down the stairs with Cade following close behind. I could feel the hunger start to rise in my stomachs and I would much rather watch Cade in the kitchen than talk to Jai.

Cade is so cute with a little apron.

But, I'm not that lucky and I knew eventually I would have to talk to Jai so why not get it over with now.

"Baby I love you"

A smile breaks across my face. Ever since I told Cade I loved him, he'd say 'i love you' and then would tell me he just wanted to hear me say it back. It was so precious and innocent that it made my heart flutter every time I thought about it.

"I love you Cade"

"I know, now go talk to Jai, I love you"

I laugh at how sweet he is. He can be a total butthole but he can also be the sweetest person in the world. We all remember him when we had first met and now he's done a 180.

"I love you"

I make my way down the hallway behind the stairs and I stop when I hear something I'm not quite sure of.

"Ah fuck lucca"

I knock on the door of the room Jai has been staying in and Im nervous as the room goes silent. But the silence is quickly replaced by yelling and the sound of body's slamming against one another.