Chapter 29

"W-wait, sorry I didn't quite catch that...your name is what"
I glance at Jai as I inch away from the potentially dangerous male.
"Alexander Kalazi, it's nice to meet you guys, I thought we could be friends I mean there was only two of you sitting her so I thought, why not"
He gives a smile but I knew it wasn't real. I could see through his eyes something darker than just a hello was going on. But I just nod my head giving a forced smile. I can't let him know that I'm scared. He'll take advantage of it and break me down. Just like he did.
"Oh yeah that's why"
I barley hear Jai's comment but I hoped to god Alexander didn't hear it, if he was anything like his brother we should all hope that he had bad hearing.
I snap out of my trance and scoot my stuff over trying to keep myself steady. I look back up at him as he stares at me his eyes glistening with a look of pride that I would never understand.
"Of course, why don't you sit down, i need to use to restroom so I'll be back in a minute, it was truly nice meeting you though."
I try hard to keep it together as I walk towards the door to the cafeteria but I could feel his eyes on my watching. Waiting. Just waiting for the right movement to strike. I bit my lip hard nearly darling blood trying to keep in my whimpers but it was quite hard due to the fact that body was shaking and I couldn't breathe. I felt as if someone was chocking me, stealing all the oxygen in my body. What if Andrew was here, if his relative is here, no scratch that, brother is here then what's stopping him from coming here as well. Alexander must be his brother, I mean Andrew mentioned a brother once or twice and that is probably him. It's unlikely that some guy just happens to have to last name of the man that gives me nightmares. All the more reason for me to run though. I needed to get away before he caught me. It now had become a survival instinct. I need to get away from him. I can't go back.
As soon as I make it past the cafeteria doors I break out into a sprint into the nearest girls bathroom, it wasn't any safer, he could just walk through the door, but it gave me a sense of safety as if the girls sign would keep him out.
I pull out the phone Cade had given me this morning clutching it tightly as I pull up his contact.
"Baby?"
++++++
Cade's P.O.V
"So I've been tracking the name you gave me and I've tracked all the way back to the original, Andrew Kalazi, am I correct"
I nod at Lucca leaning back in my chair. Lucca had been doing some digging and a little bit of hacking to get what we could on Andrew.
"Well from what I've found he's been living in a safe house about 20 miles out, probably somewhere in the woods, but his new name has a few things popping up on his record."
I lean forward in my chair, the new subject catching my interest.
"Like what"
"It's small things like jay walking, hacking, and another report that just says suspicious behavior"
I lean back in my chair once again bored at what I was hearing. I needed some leverage. Or something I could use. Anything that would give me a clue on what happened to Kay and how I'm going to have to deal with Andrew.
"Give me something worth while, your boring me"
Lucca scoffs slamming the manila folder shut.
"Exxxxcuse me, I've be-"
"Shut the fuck up and give me something"
With a huff Lucca gives me a glare before going through a packet of folders.
"Well on Andrew Kalazi there is the most, then there's Anthony Kathman which has little but when I say little I mean little compared to the Andrew folder, and I just read you Alec Karrisburgs his most recent name."
"Read me Andrew Kalazi, I want to know where it started from"
Lucca grabs Andrews folder and starts to read.
"Well family wise, dead parents, a brother that goes by the name Alexander Kalazi and a alcoholic aunt. Not your usual family but moving on. He's would now be 25, was never employed, no address to go by, and holy shit this list is long."
"Read it"
I demand him straight away already knowing it's the criminal history record. This is what I needed to know. It was vital that I knew what happened to her. As much as I needed her to tell me what happened I need to know the gist of it so I know what I'm preparing myself for.
"It starts of small, stealing, fighting, and here we get into the good stuff, stalking, breaking and entering the Mitchell's residence, kidnapping, murder, child abuse, domestic violence, and holy shit"
Lucca leans forward his eyes wide as he stares at the folder.
"It says a-"
"Hold on something's ringing"
I start to search around my desks until I find my phone. It was Kay. She wouldn't call unless it was important. She knew I was at work and when I was at work I was not to be messed with. Immediately I answer.
"Baby?"
"C-Cade"
He voice comes out shakily and it send my nerves skyrocketing.
"What wrong baby?"
My voice was frantic and she answers me automatically.
"He's going to get me, you have to come get me"
"What, wait, what's up, where's jai"
I was confused and angry. I had no idea what was going on and she was crying. I don't like her crying. Ever.
"Baby calm down and tell me what's wrong."
"He's here"
My heartbeat increases but I stay calm.
"Andrew?"
"N-no"
"Then who baby?"
"Hi-his brother"
"Alexander?"
"H-how d-did you k-know?"
"Doesn't matter, I'm on my way"
I hang up grabbing my keys before running out of the room.
"Cade, hold up man you need to hear this"
Lucca calls out from behind me but I keep going sprinting for the exit of the warehouse.
"It can wait"
"No it can't"
I hear Lucca's footsteps behind me as I'm running out the back door of the warehouse. I feel his grip on my arm as he pulls against me.
"Yes it fucken can, now let me fucken leave."
He might be my best friend but Kay was in trouble, and that did not sit well with me Lucca lets me go but calls out to me as I unlock my car.
"I'll text you later."
                                  ++++++
I run into the school staring down at my phone as I track her. She was in a girls bathroom near the cafeteria but I have no idea where the cafeteria was, I haven't been to school in a long time, and even when I did go to school I didn't really go. I mean come on why would a gang leader go to school. My life was already fucked up and I didn't need school adding to it. My phones beeping snaps my out of my trance and I realize I'm standing outside the bathroom doors. I push the door open to find a boys body looming over the love of my life. She was cowering in the corner her eyes wide.
"Do I want to know why your standing over my girlfriend in the girls bathroom?"
The boy whips around shock written across his features.
"I suggest you back the fuck off and go before I lose my shit and kill you right here right now."
He stares me down and I lunge at him while yelling.
"I tried to warn you but I just lost my fucken patience, bitch."
I throw his against the opposite wall and he lets out a slight groan.
"She'll belong to my brother, she should've never gotten away, she's supposed to belong to my family."
A whimper from behind me makes me even angrier.
"Get the fuck out before I blow your head off, your lucky she's here motherfucker because this isn't over." He head out the door his eyes flicking to Kay for a second.
"See you later lovely"
I turn to Kay trying to pick her up but she flicked away. I stop.
"It's just me baby, it's Cade, I just want to take you home"
The only sound was a slight drop from the sink.
"Come on baby, I'm here to keep you safe"
"I-I'm sor-orry, I-I didn't-nt me-an to-oo, I-I'll nev-v-ver do it again"
"Alright, then I'm not mad, now lets go home"
I knew I had to play along when she was like this, grabbing her would only send her into a frenzy, if I went along she'd eventually snap out of it.
"Come here"
A look of relief crosses her face as she crawls closer.
"KAY, holy hell"
The door slams open jai in the doorway, which makes her slam back into the corner.
I turn towards his as calm as I could.
"Get, the, fuck, out"
I said my words lightly but emphasized them so he got the memo and I didn't scare Kay.
The door closes and it was just the two of us again. In a girls bathroom with my baby in the corner.
"Kay come over here"
My voice was stern getting the point across. She was still in a trance so she listened, coming over and sitting remotely near me.
"On my lap baby"
She was hesitant, very hesitant but did as she was told.
And then I kissed her. The way I know she that she loves. I poured all my feelings for her into the kiss. Kissing her softly but rough. It was the only way I knew she'd recognize me as me. I trail my tongue over her lip demanding entrance and slowly she let me in. It was working, she was snapping out of it. I plunge my tongue into her mouth tasting her and letting her do the same to me. I grab her face keeping the kiss going, and she puts her hands against my wrists, letting me know she was alright. She was mine. She pulls away but leans back onto my chest.
"Thank you"
I pull her closer, curling up with her.
"Anything for you baby"
Buzz...Buzz
My phone vibrates and I pull it out already know it was Lucca.
My eyes scan over the text reading word for word, then I read it again, and again.

And that's when

All hell

Broke loose