Chapter 24

"Lucca can you get that" Cades raspy voice echoes through the house followed by another ring from the door bell.
"LUCCA"
As Cade attempts to make Lucca get the door I lay with him on the couch. I haven't really left his side since Andrews ring was found. Cade managed to become more protective and cautious.
"Fuck baby I'm sorry"
I push myself up from his chest as he sits up pulling me closer so I straddle him. As he shifts my hair I pull back trying to understand what he's doing and why he's apologizing.
"Stay still babygirl"
Trusting him I lean against his chest staying absolutely still. Whimpers start to fall from my mouth as he sucks on the crook of my neck.
"C-Cade what are you doing s-stop"
He pulls away kissing my cheek before returning to what he was doing. I place my hands on his chest pushing him slightly by he doesn't even budge. It hurts. Love bites are not pleasurable at all. Cade pulls away and scans me before he lays back down taking me with him. Instead of laying down again I stand up trying to get away from him. I don't understand why he does that.
A whine flows from my mouth as he pulls me back down with a small growl.
"Don't start babygirl you don't like the consequences"
Gulping I let the memory replay in my mind but I'm interrupted by another ding.
"LUCCA GET UP OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET THE GOD DAMNED DOOR."
Seconds later Lucca rushes down the stairs heading in the direction of the front door. I listen for the door curious to who would walk up to Cades doorstep willingly. Hearing murmurs only makes me even more curious. I lay back down on Cade keeping my eyes trained on the hallway. Lucca pops up around the corner first but I can't see the second figure yet. As soon as Lucca makes it to the hallway he stops before sliding over.
"Ta-daa"
A smile crosses my face and I jump from Cade's lap into the arms of my best-friend.
"Hey Kay"
I hug Jai tighter missing his hugs. A throat clears and hesitantly Jai lets me down.
It was obviously Cade who had interrupted us not liking the contact between us. Cade pulls me to his side tucking me under his arm. I leaned into him thanking him for having Jai here. I don't know how or why he is here but I'm glad he was. I need my best friend.
"Im Cade and you must be the friend"
Jai's eyes shift towards me giving me the significant 'we have a lot to talk about' look.
"Yeah...it's nice to meet you"
There's silence after Jai finished. Cade and Jai were staring eachother down causing tension to fill the room.  They were almost challenging each other with daring looks in my eyes.
"Anyway I know you too need to talk and Cade and I have some business to take care of so have fun."
I give a thankful glance towards Lucca as he says this. Cade on the other hand wasn't ready to leave yet.
"Lay a finger on her, touch her, or hurt her and I will kill you"
Jai rolled his eyes but I knew Cades threat was serious.
"Don't go up into our room and don't you dare go outside"
I knew it was for my safety but I really wanted to go outside I don't like being stuck indoors. At least Cade gets to go outside I'm still stuck in here. He won't let me outside because of Andrew so i won't complain to him. It was for my safety.
"Come here baby"
I take a breath before shuffling to Cade. He lightly lifts my chin before kissing me. It wasn't like his other kisses it wasn't demanding and possessive. It was full of care and love and security. I've had few of these types of kisses from Cade but they were my favorite. He pulls away and pecks my forehead while my face turns completely red.
"I love you babygirl be careful"
With that Cade turns stalking out the door.
+++++++++
"Wow"
Jai stare at me his eyes wide as I finished my story about me and Cade.
"Yeah"
Jai's face turns hard as he stands and starts to pace.
"I'm going to kill him...I swear to god"
"Jai please it's fine"
"FINE KAY FINE. He fricken assaulted you how could you say it's fine. In fact he's done it many times Kay it's not fine"
"Jai you don't understand"
"No I do I know why you won't do anything about it but Kay I'm going to do something about it"
"Jai what if he's like him I don't want him to hurt me like he did, you see how much bigger he is than I am"
A tear drops from my eye and I look out the window.
"Kay you have to fight back no matter what, I haven't known Cade for long and as much as I hate him, he loves you he would never do what Andrew did"
I whip my head towards him as he says his name.
"It's just..."
"What Kay spit it out"
"While I was with him I was...taught not to fight back...it goes against ever instinct in my body now to fight back... He made me like this Jai...ill never be able to defend myself because I was taught to never fight back. To take whatever was happening to me."
A sob slips from my lips and tears stream down my face as I curl into Cade's jacket. Jai pulls me to his side as tears slide down his face as well. 
"Kay he loves you, I don't think he'll ever force you into something like that again. I mean he cried for you Kay, it's not easy for a man to do that, especially one like Cade."
"But Jai"
I pause wiping the tears from my face.
"He's going to take me"
Jai's face drops and he grabs my hand pulling me into a hug.
"I will never let that happen, and Cade won't either i prom-" Jai stops at the sound of a car pulling in and his face fills with anger.
"That son of a bitch is dead"
I rush after Jai trying to prevent the fight.
"JAI PLEASE DONT"
I sprint but it wasn't fast enough. Jai and Cade were already throwing punches. I rush towards them but Lucca grabs me holding me back and away from the punches.
Cade had the upper hand as Jai's lip was already busted. Jai throws a punch to Cades gut but he takes it and slams his fist against Jai's forehead.
"Cade stop"
I scream at him but it wasn't going to do anything. Jai kicks at cafe but he doges it and swipes Jai off his feet. Quickly Cade leaps on top of him holding him down by his neck. Jai had blood gushing and Cade had it all over his hands.
"Why don't you stop start fights you won't fucken win."
Jai goes limp showing submission and Cade stands up from him putting a bloody hand down to help him up. His
"I know I've done things to her and I'm not proud of them but she knows I'm trying to make sure I won't ever do it again. She knows I have a need to have her with me, but it's hard to control myself sometimes."
Cade pauses and looks at me taking a breath with it.
"I love her I'm trying to change..."
Jai takes his hand and pills himself up. Blood was gushing from his lip and nose. Cade didn't have any injuries to his face but he took hard hits to his abdomen. I go to help Jai but Lucca was already helping him. Cade comes behind me pulling me into his chest.
                            "I love you"
                        +++++++++++

WHAT'D YOU THINK??ANY QUESTIONS??