Chapter Thirteen

822  words this time! Thanks for reading <3

~

After a while I woke up, finding both of the brothers talking about something. Me, on the other hand, was still being held by Shon, which i didn't mind at all. I looked up at Gage who looked kinda upset.

"She can't go with you?! Are you crazy?? She could get hurt.." He started, his eyes narrowing a little more before he glanced at me. Instantly his expression fell and he looked away.

"You know she can't stay here by herself, right? You know what she has done to herself." Shon sounded more demanding than I thought he ever could, and it kinda scared me for a minute and i stumbled backwards against his hand, as if that would do something. All it did was alert Shon that i was awake, since soon after he gently rubbed his thumb over my head.

Gage gave a disappointed huff, running his hands through his hair.

"Why don't you just ask Evern? She probably won't want to." Gage suggested, a hint of defeat tainting his voice. What was he even talking about? Slightly ignoring their conversation, I shook my head as i scrambled to the edge of Shon's fingers to see better. But it only lasted a few seconds, as Shon just covered up the gap and held me a little closer to him.

I wanted to shout out at him to let me out, but i held it in as he had begun to walk out of the room. So, I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for Shon to let me out, but it took longer than i expected.

"Shon? Where are you going! Can you let me see, or even better, out?" I yelled up at him, hoping he could hear me. Obviously, he didn't. Giving up with a sigh of defeat, I leaned against his fingers and waited.

It seemed to take forever, but eventually, Shon let me out, holding me infront of him. He had a small smile on his face, but his eyes were filled with unreadable expressions. I just looked at him dead in the eye for a few seconds before turning to look around.

I felt my heart speed a little bit, as the vine covered cabin that belonged to me stood a few feet ahead of us. I turned back to Shon wondering why he brought me back.. Was he letting me go?! I didn't want to go back. There were to many memories here, and if i stayed here, i wouldn't be able to see Gage, or Shon.

"Are you.. Getting rid of me?" I asked hesitantly, staring at Shon as if my broken heart lay in my expressions. As he heard the words i said, Shon's entire expression changed.

"What..? Why would you think that?" He asked quietly, getting onto his knees.

"You brought me here, so.. I just figure that you were tired of me and dumping me back where i started." I explained with a timid smile, as if it were to change things.

"No. I would never get tired of you! You are here to get some clothes and whatever else you want to bring back. Just nothing like furniture." Shon smiled, leaning towards the small little cabin and scooted me off of his hand.

"You could've at least told me you realize." I muttered waving a hand in the air. With a quickened pace, i scurried into the house and tried to find a bag big enough for some clothes and some art supplies.. But it was kinda difficult because of the cast occupying my leg. I wished i still had my crutches, then it dawned on me. If Gage had gotten my water bottle, wouldn't that mean he might also have my other stuff! I hurried to get everything i would need, leaving pictures of my brother but grabbed his semi mended glasses. I put them on and rushed back out to Shon, who was waiting patiently with his back against a tree.

"You got everything?"He asked, looking over at me as i began to limp over to him. Shon giggled a little bit and reached over grabbing the bag i was carrying. As soon as the "weight" was lifted from my back, i collapsed forward into an awaiting hand.

"Be careful." Shon said, lifting me infront of him as he stood. I rolled my eyes and turned around. I watched as the trees got farther away as Shon rose to his feet.

"So.. You know that arguement that me and Gage were having..?" Shon asked, breaking the silence. I looked at him, mostly curious, and nodded.

"Well.. Would you want to go to school with us?" Shon asked, his voice getting quieter as he spoke. In that instant i didn't know what to do, so i just stared at him with the widest eyes in all of history.

"Wha..?"