Chapter Eight

I apologize for this chapter... It's kinda deep. The next few chapters are probably going to be like this, since "Evern" suffers from depression and stuff.

But! I will stop doing sad stuff soon! Hopefully.. Anyways Thank you all for 553 views and 50 likes! That means a lot to me! :3

--------

Crap.

"Did you do this to yourself again?" Gage asked, gently stroking my head with his finger, as he searched his room for something.

I didn't reply. Instead I tried to scoot away from Gages finger and curled into a ball with his shirt.

"Evern." Gage stopped walking and sat down on something. I curled up more into the shirt trying to get away from reality.

I could feel the tension of his gaze as he looked at me.

I let out a small yelp as he wrapped his fingers around me, pulling me away from him. Without thinking, I didn't let go. I cried as I held onto Gages shirt, trying to rebury myself in it, but he just lifted me away and sat me on a wooden desk.

I looked down at my hands that were on the table, the tears didn't cease. I tried to ignore Gage, but it was hard.

He set a water bottle my size beside me.

I looked at it with utter shock, then slowly reached for it, gripping it in my hands. It was cold.

"Where did you get this?" I asked unknowing of what was about to happen.

"It was yours." Gage responded .

Suddenly a sharp cold pain caused me to lurch forward, clutching my stomach.

"H-h-help..." I barely choked out. Gage rubbed my arm slightly.

"Drink the water. You have giving yourself internal damage." Gage explained, his voice low and quiet. I hiccuped, but quickly opened the lid of the bottle, taking a sip of the cool water.

When the water was gone, I slowly set the empty bottle to the side and sneezed.

Gage continued to rub my arm until I shakily lifted my head to look at him.

"S-sorry... I have a problem-m..." I stuttered, my voice shaky like my movements.

"Its okay. You need some rest, and something else to drink." Gage whispered, he cracked a small smile on his face as he scooped me up off the table.

"C-can I see Fish? I d-didn't mean to worry him..." I rubbed my arm, awkwardly.

Gage looked at me with confusion.

"Shon...?" His eyebrows furrowed as he cupped his other hand beside me, so I wouldn't fall to certain death.

"Uh. Yeah."

Gage laughed and ruffled my hair.

"Sure, he was worried sick when he found you... You need to tell him what happened, tho." He began walking out of the room, and into Shon's.

I knew I couldn't tell Shon. His heart would shatter, but Gage also told me to tell him, like an order. Dang it.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as Shon jumped off his bed and rushed to me in an instant.

He quickly but gently picked me up out of Gage's hand, then held me against his chest.

"She needs fluids and rest, so please don't be to crazy Shon." I couldn't see him, but I could hear Gage's footsteps lead away from the room.

"Are you okay? What happened? I thought you were dead!" Shon exclaimed in a soft voice, still holding me against his chest.

I didn't answer right away, I curled up in his shirt feeling the warmth soak in and heard the fast beating of his heart pound.

"I'm fine, but it was my fault..." I began, feeling the weight of the words.

"I... I punched my stomach as hard as I could til I could barely breath. I-I didn't mean to upset you S-shon..." I mumbled, hardly loud enough for him to hear.

Shon didn't reply but I could feel his trembling.

"Have you always been so desperate to die? Why are you willing to kill yourself when you know that someone cares for you?!" Shon's voice didn't raise at all. He seemed scared and his voice quivered.

"I didn't have anybody else the first time... I am sorry, but i-I have been dealing with self harm for a long time.." I felt myself being pressed deeper into the cloth, warmth surrounding me more.

I could barely hear anything, but I could tell that Shon was crying, a lot.

"P-please don't ever... d-don't ever do it a-again... Please." He said hardly over a whisper.

I hugged the cloth around me, trying to comfort him, but my limbs seemed to go limp. I fell to a curled position in thee ocean of cloth, and let a few more tears fall from my eyes.

"I'm sorry." That was all I could say.

-----
I did this on my phone, so I apologize for grammar errors :P