Chapter Two

I'm so happy! 6 views already!

Updates coming soon!

----------------------------

From behind my eyelids, all i could see was a bright blarring pink. I winced feeling a sharp dart of pain sear past my stomach and my leg, before slowly fluttering my eyes open. The brightness faded a little, barely enough, so I squinted around, hoping to make my surroundings a little more clear. I set a hand to my side, eventually beginning  to make out the silhouettes of random objects. Soon after a couple more blinks, everything had become clear. But when I could see the room, I could feel my breath hitch and my heart beginning to speed up. I scanned all that my eyes could see, not believing a single thing that i saw.

I was in a light grey room, the basic shape of a teen's bedroom but the only difference was that everything was gigantic. There was a large desk near a wall, and a bookshelf a million times bigger than that. Near a stained wooden door, there was a bathroom, with a door that looked like the other. A window was situated close to the bed I sat on, sending in the sun, and little different rays of rainbow to a shelf that was near it. The floor was wooden, but a blue and black rug sat in the middle of it. It was both amazing and frightening. I hadn't had the slightest clue of to where I was, except on an enormous fluffy white pillow, in this similarly massive room. I pinched my arm a few times, seeing if I was dreaming, to come to the obvious conclusion. I wasn't. 

Then it dawned on me like the rising sun. What if I was dead? I thought about for a few moments before shaking my head. This couldn't possibly be heaven, there wasn't anyone around so what if I was in.. I shuddered and shook my head a bit more. No. If I was there than I would be tortured without any remorse, and I was perfectly fine. I wasn't dead, that was for sure, but I still had no idea where I was.

My thoughts were pushed away as the bed moved. I instantly looked up to see a teen around the age of 17 sitting a few yards away. My heart raced even more as I tried to scoot away.

"Woah, Woah, Woah... Take it easy. I'm not gonna hurt you." He assured, his soft gaze staring into my terrified eyes. His eyes were hazel, like my brothers, and his hair was a dirty blond, with a few black streaks here and there.

I ignored his semi-kind words and scooted back a little more, but my foot couldn't find a hold and sent me sliding down the side of the pillow. I let out a yelp but it stopped short as I was lifted in the air and set back ontop of the pillow.

"You okay?" He asked. I felt reluctant to answer but i nodded my head. He looked at me with disbelief as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Um... Okay then." He murmured as he turned to gaze out the window. Suddenly his eyes widened a bit and he turned back to me. "I'm so sorry! Your probably wondering why in the world you are here with a stranger.. My name is Gage, but you can call me 'Ginger'. It's been my nickname for a while now."

The giant held out his index finger for me to shake. I just grabbed a handful of the pillow and tried to scoot back again.

"It's okay. I won't hurt you." He smiled softly at me. Seeing the look on his face I hesitantly held my hand out and placed it on his finger. He smiled a little brighter then his eyes perked wide open, his smile disappearing quickly.

Suddenly without any warning, Gage jumped forward wrapping his hands around me then held his cupped hands underneath his pilliw. I could hear someone else's voice, more manly than Gage's but kinda similar. Sadly i couldn't see anything. It was too dark.

"What do you want Shon?" Gage asked briskly with an odd tone in his voice. There wasn't any reply. "Shon?"

"What do you have in your hands?" The person who's name was "Shon" replied, his voice sounding stern. My heart rate seemed to escalate more than it already had, making me fear I was going to hyperventalate. Did this so called 'Shon' know? What would he do? I forced my shakey body to find a way out.

"Nothing..." Gage snickered.

"Is that... Do you have a human?!" Shon exclaimed, nearly frantic. When I heard the sound of a door being closed, I franticlly tried to both calm down but continue to find some way to escape. I didn't want to end up being stuck with two giants, if these were what giants were. 

My thoughts were interrupted by Gage's laughter.

Why is he laughing? Oh. Wait. Am I... Tickling him?

"Is it?" Shon repeated. I knew he knew, so I stopped moving, hoping that Gage would be quiet.

"No..." He lied trying to keep his laughter.

"Come on Ginger. I already know that you have a human in your hands. I've already told you that human shouldn't come here. Show it to me."

There was movement and then light began to stream in.  I could feel myself shaking uncontrollably and my heart beat increasing. I was going to hyperventilate and if that wasn't the case, die because of fear!

I saw Shon come into view. His black wavy hair covered part of his bright green eyes, and his arms were crossed, showing that he was frustrated.

"She looks terrified! What did you do?" Shon asked turning his gaze away from me. I scooted backward, wishing with small hope that I could get away but Gage just pushed me back with his thumb. He smiled kindly at me before turning to his brother with a frown.

"If you hadn't come up here, she wouldn't be! I was trying to make her feel safe. I saved her and now she is probable extremely confused.." Gage whispered with quiet rage looking out the window. Shon looked at me then at my leg.

I tried to push myself back again as Shon looked at me and my injury, making me feel very uncomfortable. Gage seemed to take notice and curled his fingers over me, enough to block Shon out of my view.

"How did she get that?" He asked, his voice a lot quieter than before.

Gage looked back at me, then at Shon.

"I've already told you this, remember?" Gage huffed and moved his hand to the bed, gently sliding me off. He knew I wouldn't make it far, so he turned back to his brother.

"Why did you save her?" Shon's eyebrow furrowed glancing at me once again. I quickly hobbled the best I could to the pillow. My whole body was shaking in fear and a few tears fell from my eyes. It was all too much. Giants? I didn't understand. How?

"Well. She may have... kinda... tried to k-kill... herself..." Gage stammered rubbing the back of his neck looking away.

Shon didn't say a word. His expression fell, and his eyes wore a look of horror. Only a few stray tears leaked from his eyes as a strange reality seemed to sink in on him.

"She what?!" Shon said, nearly shrieking the words. I winced at the sudden volume change, covering my ears and closed my eyes. No. This can't be happening. I am dreaming. I must be unconscious on the cliff or something. Giants? Are you kidding me? Why not elves or fairies? Why couldn't i be the bigger one? Why did he save me?

I didn't dare open my eyes. My shaking was uncontrollable at this point and my heart beat was still rising. This can't be happening?! I was so wrapped up in thoughts, I hadn't realized the two boys watching me with worried looks on theirs faces.

"Hey... You alright?" Instantly I  looked up, pushing myself against the pillow. Gage seemed calm mostly, other than the guilt swirling in his hazel eyes. Shon stood there like a dazed ghost, staring off at the door. It looked like he was shielding his face.

I glanced back at Gage to see his hand slowly reaching towards me. I flinched back and held my head against the pillow. Nothing in my whole entire body would calm down

Gage stopped reaching forwards and gave me a small smile.

"May I?" He asked. I was baffled. He asked for permission? I could feel a wave of calmness rush over me for a brief second. Even with all the current chaos, i knew i needed some kind of comfort. So half willingly I nodded my head, closed my eyes and put my head to my knees, waiting.