Chapter Four

Sorry for a short chapter! I've been really busy! Update hopefully Thursday or Friday

Thanks again for 28 views!

-------------------------------

After we ate and kinda got to know each other a bit, Gage got up to do dishes or something. He had told me many things about himself, like his full name is Gage Ale Garrison, his nickname is 'Ginger', he likes dark red, and he loves ice cream.

I chose not to talk much, so I only told him my name and nothing more. Evern Jackie Edwards.

Only a few moments passed when, I heard the sound of a door opening and closing.

"I'm back." The kid, Shon, from earlier walked through the kitchen. He set a few grocery looking bags on the counter, barely even glancing at me, and left without saying a word.

A few seconds of silence passed, until Gage walked back to the table, slightly causing me to jump when he set his hand beside me.

Hesitantly, I crawled onto the palm of his hand, sitting down awkwardly. Have tried his best to stay slow and steady as he walked, but somehow I managed to fall onto my back.

"What's wrong with Shon?" I asked with a stutter in my voice. It only took a few seconds for me to realize the quaking in my voice and I covered my mouth with embarrassment and shame.

"He is still upset about.. ya know..." Gage started, gently ruffling my hair with his index finger. I couldn't help it but flinch.

I ignored Gage for a minute, trying to figure out what he had meant. Was Shon upset becuase of.. me? That couldn't have possibly been the case. I wasn't important enough to fret over. If I wasn't here, they would think nothing of me, ever.

"Do you want to go to him? He normally is a loving cuddle monster but... He hasn't been that way since this morning." Gage whispered, turning into a hallway. I felt a shudder make its way throughout me.

I have personal space issues and I wasn't to sure about being... cuddled to death. That sounded weird saying it out loud, actually. But maybe i could give it a go, just not now. My minda was racing to rapidly to even think. No? Yes? Go? Don't go? I tried to breath in and out through my nose to calm myself.

I remember that my brother once told me that whenever I felt fear, i should brush it off and think in the most positive manner i could. He also said to think about the good not the bad. Things that could go right, not go wrong

I sucked in a massive amount of air then let it out with a huge sigh.

"Sure... He won't hurt me... Right?" I stuttered again flinching as Gage pet my head. He laughed a little, then turned his gaze to a door.

"No. He won't. He is a harmless hippo, as some would say..." Before Gage could even finish uttering the words, Shon opened the door, his face ablazed with a look of dissatisfaction.

"I heard that." He fumed, leaning on the door frame. The sudden movements of the door scared me a bit, sending me to fall on my back.

Shon gave me an apologetic look before looking back at Gage. I watched as the two brothers seemed to have a battle with their expressions, and by the smirk Gage have a few moments after, I figured that he had won. He slowly moved the hand I was sitting on in front of Shon.

Shon looked extremly displeased, but then sighed and scooped me onto the palm of his hand. Gage waved us off then walked away as Shon went back into his room, closing the door behind him.

"So. What's your name?" It was already beyond obvious that Shon was teying to stoke a conversation, but somehow it felt odd. I could tell that Sjon, himself, was younger than Gage, but his voice was a little deeper.

"Evern." I explained a tad bit of confidence in me than a few seconds before, until Shon reached his spare hand near my head. I flinched back and closed my eyes, but Shon just massaged my back, with a bright, gentle smile on his face.

"Nice to meet you. You already know my name, I think. It's Shon." He walked carefully over to his bed and sat down. I gave a quick glance around the room, just to get a sense of my new surroundings.

There was a small shelf in the wall above Shon's dark navy blue bed. A window was situated near a corner that was filled with some sort of gaming equipment, and beside that was a desk and a small book case. There was also a closet, but unlike Gage's room, there was no side door to an extra bathroom.

But after i took a decent look around, my mind switched to different subject. Being my logically thinking self, my mind trailed off and began to wonder how long I would stay here. Was it really so terribly bad to say part of me enjoyed company, even if it was terrifying company? Then again, what if they aren't as bad as I think? What if I do stay? Will it be for the rest of my life? Living alone was kinda cool to be honest, and I would definetly miss the memories from that old cabin.. But what if they do let me go? There wouldn't be a home to go to.. I had bills to pay, and an eviction notice that i had been trying to ignore. In conclusion, if i returned 'home' i would be homeless. Are these "giants" really that cruel or heartless..?

Forcefully, I shook my head in a sorrow attempt to clear it of its crowded thoughts, and clutched the sides of my arms. As a shiver rung through my body, I glared up at the fan, angry at it for making me cold, but soon let out a sigh of defeat.

"You cold?" I spun my head around, to see Shon still slightly smiling, but his eyes holding what seemed to be a gentle concern. Awkwardness crawled up in me as I nodded and shifted my injured leg to a better position.

Without even a hint of a warning, I was held up against something warmand soft as Shon stood up to turn off the fan. His thumb gently caressed my head as he held his cupped hand over me, still cradeling me next to his chest.

Unsure of how to react, I slowly grabbed a hold of his shirt and with a tired yawn, closed my eyes. I smiled slightly as a few thoughts snuck into my brain. How was I already so tired? Even if so, the chances of actually falling asleep was from a 1 to 0 so i had no.. chance.. of..

Darn it.