PART 48

You: WHAT?! - you put your body in front of Thomas - no, no! There must be a mistake! - you said and Thomas touched your arm, you looked at him and he had something weird in his eyes, a look you couldn't read - Thomas! Tell him this is a mistake!
Tom: Y/n, I need you to calm down - his voice was too calm, why was he calm like that?!
Cop: Mr. Holland are you going to cooperate or are we gonna have to use force against you?
You: no! He's not gonna let you take him to the jail! He's not guilty! - you were screaming
Tom: Y/n! Y/n! - he said trying to call your attention and holding your arms, making you look at him in the eyes - look at me! Look into my eyes! - he said serious and you were nervously crying
You: no! I don't want to! I can't let them take you! I know you're not guilty!
Tom: and that's what I need you to believe, do you understand?! - he said and you nodded - some people are gonna try to convince you that I killed that man, but I didn't!
You: then don't go please! We can solve this together, we'll find a way of... - he interrupted you by hugging you tight
Tom: I'm so sorry about my past...I wish I've had met you before... - he said with his eyes closed and your tears wetting his shirt
You: I'll find a way to bring you back to me - you whispered
Tom: I love you - he held your face and looked you in the eyes - don't forget that ok? I love you! - he said and kissed you, you closed your eyes while the tears kept coming out when one of the cops pulled Tom by his arm
Cop: ok, that's enough, you gotta come with us now - he put handcuffs on Tom and you couldn't stand seeing that
You: is that really necessary? He's cooperating!
Cop: I'm sorry madam, it's not our fault that your boyfriend is a criminal - he said and pulled Tom with him to the car, the other cops staring at you, it was probably just another night of work for them. But at that night you felt like your whole life was falling apart right in front of your eyes, and there was nothing you could do.
Who was Gerard? Why do they think that Thomas killed him? What he was talking about when he said he was sorry about his past? There were so many questions and not a single answer.
What were you going to do to prove his innocence? And what if...what if he wasn't innocent? What if he lied to you?....No, you can't doubt on him, he told you he was not guilty, and that's what you're going to believe in, as you promised him, no matter what the others say.
Thomas would never lie to you.
You were going to do the impossible to prove his innocence.
Thomas looked at you through the car window, he couldn't even move his hands because of the handcuffs, it was so cruel to see the love of our life like that.
You couldn't stand the weight of your body anymore, so you fell with your knees on the ground while looking at Thomas, and he whispered his last "I love you".
You: I'm gonna fight for you! I'll do whatever I have to! - you were sobbing. He nodded and touched his forehead on the glass on the window, and then the car moved.
You kept staring at the red and blue lights until they were out of sight.
You looked up to the dark sky, with your red eyes, trying to think of something, a way to solve this situation. And then you knew exactly what to do.
You were going after Jeremy.