PART 34

*TOM'S POV*
I lost the notion of time. I kept waiting for her to wake up. Harrison was sleeping on the chair next to me. He came as soon as I told him what happened. But I couldn't sleep, I had to make sure that Y/n was fine. Out of risk.
It was 6am when Harrison woke up. I had dark circles under my eyes.
Harrison: you should get some sleep, and change your clothes - he said rubbing his eyes
Tom: I can't...not until I see her awake...
Harrison: I see what you're doing mate, but do you think that Y/n would like to see you like that? You look like trash...no offense
Tom: well, thanks Harrison - I sounded sarcastic - I guess I should just change my clothes at least... - I looked down at the dry blood on my sleeves - can you go to the hotel and grab me some clothes?
Harrison: for sure, I'll bring you some food too - he stood up
Tom: thanks mate - I said. One hour later Harrison was back, with my new clothes and my breakfast. I changed in the bathroom and ate the sandwich he brought. I didn't realized that I was starving until now.
Harrison: what are we gonna do now? - he asked while sitting next to me - Geneva is no longer safe. Jeremy already know you're here, you should leave
Tom: I don't know what I'm going to do now. All I know is that I'm tired of hiding. Jeremy is obsessed with me, he will follow me wherever I go...
Harrison: well you should've thought about that before you stole his company and your mother's picture - he shrugged
Tom: shut up Harrison! You know very well that I did not stole his company! He was the one stealing from those families, fooling them. I just took the money and gave it back for the families! That's what I do, you know it.
Harrison: alright Robin Hood, I know that, but it's kind of obvious that Jeremy was gonna be mad with you. You took the money out of his hands...a lot of money
Tom: I did the right thing Harrison. I do not regret anything. When I remember the look in those families eyes, and how grateful they were...it worth it
Harrison: pfff whatever dude. But you gotta think about something really quick...
Doctor: Mr. Holland? - he called and I stood up
Tom: yes? I'm here!
Doctor: Mr. Holland follow me please - he said and I followed him to Y/n's room - Mr. Holland, do you remember what I told you about Y/n's red blood cells?
Tom: y-yes Doctor...what happened? - I was worried
Doctor: well, the worst happened. She'll need a blood transfusion...what's your blood type Mr. Holland? - he looked at me
Tom: uhm...O negative...
Doctor: your blood type is universal Mr. Holland...can you donate it for her?
Tom: sure! Of course! Anything she needs...

In thirty minutes I was sitting on a chair, next to Y/n's bed, with a needle on my arm, connecting with her arm. All I wanted was to see her smiling again...
Tom: Y/n? Are you listening to me? - I took a deep breath - I love you Y/n...I need you to know that...don't hate me for what I'm gonna do...I can't handle the idea of you hating me...
I was talking with her and holding her hand, when she squeezed it softly. Taking me by surprise.
Tom: Y/n?! - I looked at her and she opened her eyes
You: T-Tom?... - she frowned - what happened? - she looked around - is this an hospital?
Tom: shhh, don't try to move ok? - I got closer and explained what happened to her. How she had surgery and Jeremy found us.
You: oh my God...yeah...I remember now...we were outside the museum...it was so fast...
Tom: I know... - I looked down - Y/n I realized that I can't protect you...
You: what? No! Tom it was not your fault - she frowned
Tom: let me finish please... - I couldn't look her in the eyes - I want you to know that this is hard for me too ok? But I can't let this happen again...I can't put you in risk again...Jeremy is crazy, and he's not gonna stop until I...
You: until what Thomas?!?!
Tom: until I kill him - when I said that she was shocked - but I can't do it by your side. You'll be a target...a distraction...it was a mistake Y/n
You: Tom what are you talking about?!?!
Tom: Y/n...I'm breaking up with you