PART 7

You: live with you?! - you frowned and then looked at him like he was crazy, and you couldn't hold your laugh - Thomas you're my boss, but not the boss of me
Thomas: Y/n... - he tried to get closer to you, but you walked away from him
You: I HAVE A LIFE! I can't leave it all because of some mistake YOU did! I live here with Timothée, I can't leave him to pay the bills alone! I live near to my college, I like my street and my neighbors! And...and I don't even know you!
Thomas: you know me for a year and a half...
You: do I, Thomas? - you crossed your arms - In all of these months you never even asked me about my life, you barely gave me good morning, that was okay for me, since you were my boss, but you never wanted to know me. And I know nothing about you, honestly, I don't think anyone knows - you were crying
Thomas: Y/n...I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, I can be a dick when I want to...and I know we never really talked but... - he took a deep breath - I'm just trying to help you, I don't want you to get hurt because of me. If the problem is the bills, then I'll give your friend money to pay for the apartment, I'll hire someone to take you to your university, to work...just listen to me...
You: I want you to tell me the truth. All of it. And don't come with that talk to talk of "I'll have to kill you", because if you're going to change my life like this, at least I wanna know why - you said and he sat on the couch, with his head between his hands
Thomas: alright...have a seat - he pointed at the couch so you could sit. And you did it - you know I don't talk about my family a lot right?
You: yes...
Thomas: my...my mother died of cancer when I was thirteen years old, and I was so, so sad...it changed my life forever, and I thought my father was going to help me to get through it...that's what anyone would've think...but...but he disappeared for months, he left me alone with babysitters, with servants, and I was so confused...I was just a kid... - you could tell that he was holding his tears
You: I'm...I'm sorry about that... - you touched his back
Thomas: that's ok, there's nothing we can do about it now...but anyway, when my father came back home he was married again. With a total stranger. And I was so mad, how could he forget about my mom so fast??? - his eyes were red, but dry - and that woman...she made my life a complete hell. She got pregnant, and started to making my dad's mind to send me away, and so he did. I lived in a boarding school until I graduated. My father abandoned me...
You: Thomas...I had no idea...
Thomas: there are so many things you have no idea of... - he looked up at the ceiling and gave a weak smile - I never saw my father again, I never went to my old house again...until last year. My father abandoned my childhood house like he did with me, it was all old, rotting...but there were somethings that I wanted back, memories of my mom. I went to her old bedroom, and took some of her jewels, some pictures of me and her. You see Y/n, my mom was a famous artist before. And there was something that belonged to her, that I really wanted. A board she painted. But when I went to the house it was not there...
You: oh my...that's what you were looking for that night at the hotel!
Thomas: yes...after she died her arts started to worth a lot of money, and my stupid father sold them. He sold my favorite board of her...he sold it for Jeremy.
You: and you stole it...you...you took it back - you corrected yourself and he nodded
Thomas: I felt like it should stay with me. My father is not worthy of deciding what to do with her things.
You: I...I understand it now...I'm so sorry...I had no idea Mr. Holland...
Thomas: just...just call me Tom - he looked at you and you felt goosebumps. You felt all of his pain. He was just a scared boy. He was left by his own family, alone in the world.
You: alright Tom - you placed your hand on his leg - but I have to ask you one more thing...why you just didn't bought the board back from Jeremy?
Thomas: you remember the deal I told you about?
You: the one he didn't wanted to accept...
Thomas: that was the deal...the problem is that I searched about Jeremy's life. And I knew it was something risky to do, to stole from him. Since he's a head of crime here in London...
You: oh my...
Thomas: he's not going to think twice before he kill you Y/n...you have to come with me, I can protect you - you two were really close to each other
You: I...I guess I have no choice...just please, promise me you'll help Timothée
Thomas: anything you want me to do...