Chapter 32

R E C O V E R Y

Sam's POV

After the accident, it's hard to not blame myself for what happened to Luke and I that night. It's taken such a toll on me. It's so hard to eat when you don't have an appetite. All I can feel is guilt.

At least Luke didn't die. That's one thing I'm more than thankful for. He didn't even get shot, actually. Apparently, when the police opened the door and the guns fired, it shocked Luke so much the poor boy fainted and smacked his head on the ground, which knocked him out. He had an awful concussion for three weeks, but luckily, it's been about a month since it all happened.

We don't talk about what happened. But the good news is that Calum went to Brazil, didn't like it, and came back. Michael's back on his feet like a normal person, and Luke and I are mentally and physically better. According to the police, I got lucky that I wasn't raped while I was tied up.

Today, the four boys are filming a video for their youtube channel. I get to sit and watch, and I'm actually super excited. The song they're going to be singing is Gotta Get Out, and Calum told me he wrote it about Michael awhile ago, which I thought was pretty cute.

The boys are all sitting with their instruments, set up all nice. I'm sat in a chair off screen, just watching and smiling like an idiot because things are finally okay again.

The cameras began rolling, Luke began to play the guitar and Ashton joined in with the drums. Then Michael came in with the second guitar. Since the video they were making was acoustic, Calum didn't have a bass. Then, Luke begins to sing. My smile widens.

"Even when the sky is falling down, even when the Earth is crumbling round my feet," He sings softly, his voice so angelic.

They play the whole song, and when I'm sure the cameras are done rolling, I run over to Luke and jump on him, wrapping my arms around his neck and hugging him. "That was so good, you sang so well." I complimented.

He was obviously blushing, when I pulled away his cheeks were pinkish. I looked to the other boys and complimented them as well.

"I can't wait to upload this. It's gonna be great," Michael says, strumming random chords on the guitar. I shake my head, laughing a little.

"If Sam liked it, other people are gonna like it too, right?" Calum asked, resting his arm on Michael's shoulder, looking from me to Michael.

"Yes," We answer simultaneously, causing the three of us to laugh.

All is well, and it's only looking up from here.

* * *

Two weeks after the boys posted their acoustic version of Gotta Get Out, the most amazing thing happens to them.

Louis mother fucking Tomlinson tweets out a link to the video, telling all his fans to go check the boys out. This is literally the best thing that could ever happen. The boys and I celebrate this by going out to eat at some classic Aussie restaurant in downtown Sydney.

While we're there, I guess Ashton was checking the band emails, because all of the sudden he jumps up, looking at all of us with the biggest smile on his face. "Guys! Modest Management wants to sign us!" He exclaims, shaking his phone around.

"No way," I say, looking at Luke. His jaw has fallen open.

"Holy fucking shit." He mumbles, looking from me to the other boys. "We're only gonna go up from here, huh?" He asks with a cheeky smile.

"You got that right," Ashton can't wipe the smile off his face. It's the first time in so long that I've seen him smile like that.

"This can't be real." Michael mutters from beside Calum. I can't help but shake my head and inform him that it certainly isn't a dream.

"I'm so proud of you guys," I make sure they know, because they deserve to. "You've come so far and beaten down every obstacle that's gotten in your way. You have talent and I'm so God damn happy for you. To 5SOS!" I make a toast, raising my beer. We all touch glasses with each other and drink to it. I'm so glad things are back to normal. The boys are happy, and so am I.