Chapter 23

A   D A Y   I N   M Y   L I F E

Ashton's POV

It was hard to look at it happen. I watched as he handed her the rose, they exchanged a happy hug. When she turned around, I couldn't help but glare. Before either of them could say anything, I turned and pushed the garage door open. Quickly, I made my way through Michael's house, told Cal I had to go and Luke would give him a ride home, then walked through the front door back outside.

I hopped into Jet Black and didn't even bother to buckle up as I sped down the road. When I reached the first stop light, I buckled up. I knew my brother and sister needed me to keep the house in order. I couldn't let myself get killed. 

The drive home was long, sad, and boring. Just like every single one of my days. I feel as though life isn't worth living anymore. My one last hope was Sam. The band. But now, since both of them are now ruined for me, all I have is my family.

When I arrived home, Harry came bounding out of his room, yelling my name. "Ashton! Ashton! Ashton!" he called out. I was slipping off my shoes as he found me. In his hands was my all time favorite shirt. I looked at it and raised my eyebrows.

"Yes, Harry?" I asked, bending down so we were closer in height.

"Can I have this? I found it in my laundry basket, and I know it's yours, but I want to be like you." He said, clutching the shirt.

"Yes, of course you can have it." I nodded and shoved him off back towards his room.

"How's the girlfriend?" Lauren asked, walking into the kitchen from the living room, the TV remote in her hand. I sighed and shook my head.

"She's not my girlfriend."

"Oooh. Did she refuse to suck your puny dick?" She teased, cracking up.

"Lauren, shut up. And don't swear." I grumbled, moving past her and walking towards my room. She grabbed my arm, stopping me.

"Hey, sorry. Can you do my laundry for me? Mum hasn't done it in so long." She asked, looking at me with pleading eyes. I knew since she was young, she'd have struggles with it. I nodded as Harry came running back up to me.

"Hey Ash! Can we go round back and kick around the football?" He asked, grabbing my hand and tugging on it. I shook my head.

"Give me a minute, Harry." I told him, just as the door opened and my mum walked in. A man was with her.

"Hello, kids, this is Tony. We're having him over for dinner. Go clean yourselves up." She called, causing me to roll my eyes. This is the third guy this month. She needs to stop giving my siblings false hope.

"Ash!!" Harry kept tugging on my hand.

"Go change your clothes, Har. We've got to get ready for dinner." I told him, turning him around and nudging him back towards his room yet again.

Lauren sighed at me, "Are you still going to do my laundry?" She asked impatiently.

"Yes yes, just go get ready." I grumbled, running a hand through my hair and walking into the kitchen. I was greeted by my mum and a huge, older guy, who I assumed to be Tony.