Chapter 18

H A L L O W E E N

Sam's POV

Another week passes and everything's okay. Luckily, all the boys are cool and there doesn't seem to be any arguing except the playful kind. That relieves me because they're all I've got, as I've said before.

Tonight, the five of us are heading to this typical frat house Halloween party somewhere in the city. I'm genuinely scared because it's my first mature party. You know, the kind with drinks and weed and grinding. Not your little kid party with pop, punch, Just Dance, and parent supervision. The party is obviously Halloween themed, so we all have to dress up in costumes. Ashton is going as the Mad Hatter, Michael is going as the Joker, Calum is going as a bloodied up mafia leader, Luke is going as a zombie and so am I. They all picked out their costumes and I really think they're going to look hot.

Right now, I'm doing Luke's makeup. Mine is done and I'm all dressed up. I've got on black heels, ripped up black short shorts, a mangled crop top, and I made sure to fuck up my hair. Luke's dressed in a torn-apart bloody white t-shirt along with, as usual, black skinny jeans. But they're very ripped up. I finish his makeup and he stands up and walks to the bathroom, taking a look. His mouth falls open in a smile. "I look so good!" He chuckled, pulling me into a tight hug. I hug back.

"Okay okay, we're gonna be late, silly." I poke his nose and then walk out of the bathroom, Luke following closely behind me. We walk downstairs and grab all our stuff, double check we aren't forgetting anything, and then walk outside to the car. I have shotgun as usual and Luke drives.

Our first pick up is Calum, who walks outside and surprises the both of us. He looks so good in his costume. He's definitely going to get with a girl tonight. He opens the door and sits in the middle of the back seat.

"Careful, don't drool." He teases both of us, a smile on his face as he leans forward between us. I put my hand on his forehead and push him back.

"Oh shut up," I laugh as the car begins to roll backwards out of Calum's driveway. Our next stop is Michael. I'm really excited to see how he put his costume together, especially with the hair.

We arrive and park in his driveway. We're waiting and waiting and then suddenly, Michael appears. His makeup was outstanding and his hair was completely green. It didn't look like it was fake, either. He had it slicked back and was dressed in a purple suit with a white undershirt, both stained in blood. When he gets into the car, we all stare at him for a second.

"Yes, I dyed my hair green for real." He chuckles, taking a longer look at Calum, who was now gently touching his hair, his mouth dropped open.

"What are you going to do after Halloween?" Luke asks, laughing a bit while Calum and I continue to just stare at Michael.

He shrugs, thinking for a moment. "I dunno, maybe keep it."

I finally turn around and look ahead, still a bit surprised at his new hair color. "Well at least it looks good." I laugh.

It takes a bit longer to get to Ashton's house, but after about 20 minutes, we arrive. He comes out completely decked out to look like the Mad Hatter, contacts in his eyes and everything.

"Your costume looks so good, Ash!" Luke says in astonishment when Ashton opens the door.

"Thanks!" Ashton responds, buckling up. I turn and flash a smile and he returns it immediately. He's glowing tonight, and that makes me so happy.

* * *

When we arrive at the party, I know I'm fucked. It's only 8:00 and everyone's drunk out of their minds. The second we walk in, Calum is gone. He was probably pulled away by some girl, which doesn't surprise me with the way he looks tonight. Michael sticks around with us for awhile but is eventually pulled away by his friend Julian.