Chapter ~ 21

Ethan

'The point remains the same if I hadn't been in that fucking coma for the last month then I would have beaten you by a mile."

"Yeah, any old excuse." I watched silently from my hiding spot as Wesley laughed at Quinn and then punched him in the arm. I nearly went to him then as I watched Quinn rub his arm in fake hurt. He was okay. I repeated over in my head as I continued to watch them, waiting for the moment when Quinn realizes none of his clothes was where he'd left them.

"Fine rematch now – in front crawl not back."

"Nah man, I just don't... feel like it" Wesley shrugged with an almighty grin on his face.

"Aha! Quinn lost for once!" I froze as Brody arrived and grinned at him. Was he going to say anything? I listened intently, but Brody said no more because in the next second Quinn realized that his clothes were missing.

A grin spread across my face like a wildfire, as I watched the proceedings amused.

"Wesley. You fucker! Where have you put my clothes?!" Quinn demanded, and I had to hold back a laugh. His face was priceless!

Quinn pushed Wesley into the locker as his body racked with laughter along with Brody.

"Oh. Ha. Ha." Quinn rolled his eyes. "Okay you've had your laugh, I'm laughing my ass off, now give them back!" Sarcasm leaked out of his sharp, irritated voice.

"I- Oh god, this is hilarious!" Wesley gasped as he tried to contain his laughter.

"Yes, very funny now where the fuck are they?"

"That's the thing!" Wesley stopped to laugh some more. "We haven't moved them, dude."

Quinn stopped looking for his clothes and momentarily stopped to glare at him.

"Don't lie!" Quinn growled, and I watched as his annoyance began to turn to anger. "GIVE. THEM. THE. FUCK. BACK!" He bellowed causing half the changing room to stop their chatting to look at him.

He froze and looked around, and I smiled slightly as I watched a slight blush cross his cheeks.

"Anyone seen Quinn's clothes, he seems to have – lost them." Wesley tried to contain his laughter as he made the rest of the class aware of Quinn's little predicament. Quinn growled at him further.

"Nah man looks like you'll be spending the rest of the day in your speedos." One guy laughed, and I frowned slightly as I tried to determine if there was a mean underlay to his statement. I swept over the guys until my eyes landed on a guy smirking suggestively at my mate.

My early amusement has just vanished. I'm mad. Who does he think he is? Quinn. Is. MINE!

"Ha. Ha Johnson. I'm sure you'd love that." Quinn responded and to my utter irritation wriggled his eyebrows back, in a suggestive gesture which had the blood in my veins burning with undeniable anger. – And jealousy?

"Oh honey, don't you know it." The other guy winked in reply, and with a jolt of horror, I realized it was Henry Johnson. I'd always thought of him as a pretty sound guy- the only guy in our high school who was out and proud. However, my previous respect for the guy had all but disintegrated as he stared hungrily at my mate. Mine.

I hadn't realized a loud growl had passed my lips until the room fell into a deadly silence as they all turned to look at me. Shit.

My eyes widened slightly as I noticed Henry looking at me and then my eyes found Quinn's. He was standing stock still and glaring daggers with his eyes.

I coughed and then cleared my throat.

"Can we talk?" I asked, nodding towards the showers which were now empty.

"You bastard!" He yelled taking note of his bag swung over my shoulder.

"Yes, I have been told," I smirk and then walk off, not bothering to look back to see if he was following me or not because I knew he would be. I had his clothes.

I smiled as the bell went off – Break time, I looked over my shoulder to see that the rest of the guys in the changing room where collecting their bags and heading for the exit. Now we had privacy.

"What the hell are you doing?! Give me back my clothes!" He demanded, and I turned to look at him, now that we were alone.

"I will. I just need you to hear me out first."

"Damn it, Ethan! I forgot we're back in elementary. Grow up and give me my fucking clothes back!" His cute face was clouded with a glare.

"How are you feeling?" I asked before he could carry on with his shouting. He closed his mouth, and his eyes went wide.

"D-Don't act like you care, Ethan, it doesn't suit you." He whispered, and I watched as his angry exterior faded away, and my chest tightened as I saw the immense sadness which shined through.

"Who said I'm acting?"

"Well, surely you must be because if I remember correctly, you left me! You – You said so yourself that nothing is going on between us." He whispered, and my chest tightened as he looked away. I watched as his eyes started to water and he wasn't breathing. I wanted to wrap him up in my arms. I wanted to make him okay again. I wanted to go back to before- before Brody ruined everything.

"You know I didn't mean that. What else did you expect me to say?!" I pleaded as I took a step towards him, and it broke my heart as he stepped back, his eyes watering with unshed tears.

"The truth Ethan... I expected you to tell the truth."

We stood there staring at each other. His eyes were blazing, watery and determined. He was waiting for me to say something. I knew I should, but as much as I tried to get out of my mouth the words, he wanted to hear. I couldn't. I wasn't ready to come out yet. I was a coward, and I knew it.

I took a deep breath knowing that he isn't going to want to hear it, but I have to tell him. He needs to understand even if he's not going to like it.

"I...I'm not ready yet" I breathed, watching his reaction nervously as he closed his eyes tightly.

"How long Ethan?" He whispered, his eyes still closed, and maybe that was a good thing, I couldn't see how much he's hurting.

"I – I don-" I began, but I was cut short when he opened his teary eyes full of sadness.

"Are you going to make me wait another ten years?" He cried, and I felt my throat sore and my chest clench. Him crying – knowing I've caused his pain was agonizing. "Maybe, just maybe I'm tired of waiting for you Ethan."

I stood still as my head searched for the words to make this right, but there was nothing. And then when he grabbed his bag from me and turned to leave, something registered in my head.

"Wait." I pleaded as I grabbed hold of his upper arm. He froze, and I knew the reason as the sparks ran through my fingers.

Mate. My wolf was too demanding, so I let him go. I couldn't think straight while I was touching him.

"What do you mean 'another ten years?" I asked wearily, and he didn't turn around as he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I did nothing but stare at the back of his head, waiting for him to explain. I didn't understand.

"I've known about us for ten years Ethan, I've been waiting for you to realize it, and then... and now that you do... Y-you, don't want me." My eyes widen at his broken voice.

"No! Quinn, no don't say that of course. I want you. You're mine." I whispered stepping towards him and placing my hands on his waist.

"P-please let me go, I need space, Ethan... When – If you want to admit I'm your mate and not hide it from the world like you're embarrassed by me. Then come back. Ethan, I – I don't want to be your dirty secret."

-

Who thinks Quinn and Ethan just need to get together already?! 

I know I do haha

Please remember to vote and tell me what you think 

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Lauren 

xx