Chapter - 26

Quinn

"Look I'll sleep on the couch, I really don't care. This is your room – your bed so you should be the one who sleeps on it." I huffed annoyed. We'd been having this argument for the last ten minutes.

"No Quinn I said I'd look after you tonight, therefore you're going to sleep on the damned bed!" Ethan retorted exasperated.

"No! For goodness sake stop being so stubborn!" I glared getting up from my sitting position on the bed and went to lie on the sofa he'd now put a pillow and a duvet on.

"Oh and I'm the stubborn one? Stop acting like a child Quinn and just sleep in the fucking bed."

I had to stop a laugh escaping my lips, he was getting so wound up it was slightly amusing, but I'm not going to lie an angry Ethan was definitely a hot one.

"Well I'm here now and I'm not going to move." I shrugged biting my lip to prevent a laugh at the look on his face.

"Right fine." He all but growled and turned off the light, once my eyes adjusted to the darkness I couldn't help but watch as Ethan pulled off his shirt and pants leaving him standing in his boxers. Damn, why did he have to turn off the light? I watched still amused as he looked at the bed before looking down at me.

"You're not sleeping on the couch." He grumbled stubbornly, and I was about to protest when he walked towards me and before I had time to react his big burly arms picked me up.

"Whoa! Ethan what the hell?!" I yelled as he began to carry me towards his bed. "I'm not some girl to throw around!" I growled angrily pushing him away so he'd drop me. He didn't of course. He simply laughed.

"Oh I'm quite aware you're not a girl. A girl wouldn't argue about sleeping in my bed." He winked cockily and before I could react he threw me down.

"Your such an arsehole!" I glared and stubbornly sat up ready to walk back over to the couch only to have his weight drop down on mine and push me down onto the bed.

"Wh-What are you doing?" I demanded angrily, my eyes shooting wide as he hovered above me trapping me beneath him.

"Shh, you'll wake Nick up." He whispered, dropping his amused act as he ran his thumb across my bottom lip, just like he had done in the kitchen.

"Ethan..." I breathed feeling all the anger suddenly disappear as his touch sent my stomach in knots. "What are you -" 

"We'll both sleep here tonight." He murmured his lips brushing against my own before capturing them for a kiss. I moaned into his mouth and pulled him against me. I couldn't remember how long I had dreamed about being in bed with Ethan – An almost naked Ethan – and without thinking my hands were grabbing hold of his ass pulling him towards me until the two of us where pressed flushed together. The sexiest growl escaped his lips as he ran his hand down my side of my shirt and grabbed at the hem.

"Off." He grumbled. His lips leaving mine as he all put ripped the shirt over my head.  

"Demanding." I cocked my head, feeling the heated gaze of his stare on my chest. 

"Sometimes." He agreed with a slight quirk of his lips. His hands roaming my abs causing me to moan. Enough talk I thought to myself as I grabbed hold of the back of his neck and pulled him back down to me.

"Quinn. I want you." He breathed his chest rising and falling as he lent his forehead against my own. My eyes opened to see his shut. He was battling with something I could tell. "Quinn, I want you like I've never wanted anyone in my entire life but I – I want to know you first. You're my mate, I didn't even know it was possible to find you –" He finally opened his eyes and I was caught in their depths. He wanted to take it slow. "But.. If I get to keep you forever... then we have plenty of time for this." He laughed lightly as he pressed his rock hard length against my own. 

"That's not helping." I groaned trying to reign in my own lust. The amusement in his eyes was hard to miss. 

"Now roll over and sleep before I have second thoughts." He laughed, pushing me lightly to my side as he nestled behind me and wrapped his arms tightly around my waist. 

"You expect me to sleep right now?" I asked incredulously.

"You've had a long day babe. Close you eyes. I'll be here in the morning." 

  I didn't know what it was that kept me awake for long after Ethan fell asleep. Whether it was the way his arms never released me even as he snored lightly, or whether it was the way his breath caressed my ear and down my neck... Or maybe it was the lingering thoughts of how he called me 'babe' and how I secretly liked it.