Chapter - 7

Ethan

"Ethan, you wanna ride with me?" We'd finally made it back to where we'd left the cars. I looked up at Chase unsure. Why does he want to ride with me? It was obvious he liked Marcia. Shouldn't he be asking her? Having said that- I wasn't one to turn down a drive in a Ferrari so I agreed, happy that I'd easily evaded spending the journey home with a boy who'd just kissed my cheek for no reason.

Climbing into the car I smiled, letting the new car smell fill my thoughts. 

"You wanna drive?" He surprised me by asking as he hesitated to put the keys in the ignition.

"Nah man I'm cool" I shook my head thinking I'd regret that decision in the future, but right now I wasn't really in the mood. I'll probably end up crashing.

I was staring aimlessly out the window when he finally made it clear to me, why he'd asked me to ride with him.

"You found your mate?" He asked me out of the blue causing me to look at him with a frown, why should he care? He's not my friend, he has no business poking his nose into places it doesn't belong.

He must have seen my change in expression and looked at me apologetically.

"Er whatever then" He finally shook his head.

"No I haven't found my mate" I finally sighed, after realizing he meant nothing of it. Probably just trying to make conversation...

"Um you and Marcy's pretty serious" He noted in passing, but I knew there was real curiosity behind his question as he turned his head to look for oncoming traffic.

"Marcy?" I laughed lightly, my way of trying to lighten the mood slightly. Unfortunately, it only made him visibly tense in his seat, as a scowl made its way to his tanned face.

"You know what I'm talking about, now answer me!" He growled and my eyes widened in shock when he looked up at me with his black wolf eyes.

"Whoa" I raised my hands up in surrender. 

"She's my best friend"

"Do you love her?" He demanded around another growl, and my stomach lurched as the car swerved across the road, My eyes becoming momentarily blind with a bright red light, as the car accelerated towards the traffic light. I'm gunna die, i'm gunna die...

I let out a sigh of relief as the red light blinked past us, and a few seconds later I was yet to have the bonnet of another car wedged into my abdomen.

"Pull over!" I growled to him, not understanding what had him all worked up and why he was driving like a maniac.

"No just fucking answer me!" He carried on in a rage, swerving in and out of the road to overtake anyone in his way. His jaw was set and his black eyes were hard as steel.

I did love Marcia, but not in a romantic way - the way his question had implied.

"Not in that way" I gulped looked back to the road and then to him. "Now slow down, you won't be able to claim your mate if you've fucking killed us both in your rage!" I glared.

I finally was able to catch my breath as the speedometer went left across the little screen.

"She's human, you know that right?" I asked quietly once I was sure his rage under control. His eyes were back to normal and his grip on the steering wheel had slackened marginally.

He looked at me exasperated. "Of course I fucking know that" He spat, abruptly opening the door and getting out, slamming the door behind him.

Marcia is Chase's mate?