Chapter ~ 6

Sitting so close to him was like torture. All I wanted to do was make him mine, but whenever I tried he would have this cute look of fear and shock on his face. Like he didn't know I was out-right flirting with him. He was so frustrating. I was watching out of the corner of my eye, he looked uncomfortable sitting so close to me, and I didn't know why. I was so confused, why wasn't he flirting back? This is friggin Ethan Staten! One of the most popular guys in school, he's been with so many girls that I'd lost count... Yes at one point I was counting.

~10 Years ago ~

"Mom, I want to tell you something" My sister had called a family meeting and once we were all seated in the living room she pulled some dude through the door. He was a completely different one from the man who she'd been dating for the last two years.

"What is it?" Mom asked cautiously eyeing up the stranger boy in our living room.

"Meet my mate, Bryan" She grinned while the boy looked uncomfortable.

"OH HONEY!" Mum squealed jumping up and wrapped the guy in her arms like a long lost son. I gaped at the scene in front of me shocked.

"What. Is. Going on? What about Matt? And what on earth is a 'Mate?" I demanded.

"It's someone who you will find when you're older, and you'll fall in love with her."

"But I'm in love with Ralph, is he my mate?" I asked pulling him onto my lap and stroking his smooth fur under my fingertips.

"What? No! He's a puppy" Mom laughed, and I pouted.

"But I love him!"

"That's nice honey. Anyway, you have school tomorrow. Up to bed, chop chop" I glared at her.

"I'm eight I'm not four!" I bellowed, my hands in fists and stormed up to my room.

"KIM!!!!" I Screamed once I was in bed, determined to prove them wrong. A few minutes later my sister came into my bedroom.

"What's is the matter Quentin?" She cooed, and I huffed.

"It's QUINN!!!!" I shouted throwing my head back on my headboard and then wincing at the pain as I realized I'd used too much force in my frustration.

"OW," I moaned rubbing my head with my hands.

"Are you okay?" She asked hesitantly.

"DO I LOOK OKAY?" I screamed at her. "MOM!!!!!" I bellowed as loud as I could.

"What's the matter, Quinn?"

"KIM HIT ME!"

"KIM!"

"WHAT?! NO MOM I DIDN'T HE'S JUST BEING AN IDIOT !"

"Oh, okay Honey. Quinn baby don't keep lying about your sister and go to sleep" My mom called, and I huffed. What if Kim really did hit me? CHILD ABUSE!

"What is it?" She crossed her arms across her chest and gave me her annoyed face.

"How did you know that that tool is your 'mate,' do you love him?"

"First off little man. He's not a 'tool' and second- of course, I do he's my mate."

"What? Just because you suddenly say he's your 'mate' means you love him?"

"Yes, when you're older like mom says you'll find your own mate to love as well."

"Well like I've said, I don't need to find my mate. I already have mine. Hah and I'm only eight! Beat that poo head!"

"Ralph is a puppy, so no he can't be your mate, you 'poo head" She stuck her tongue out at me.

"How do you know he's your mate anyway?"