26. SHE'S A FIGHTER ~ E.H

Y/N'S POV
I was sitting at home watching Netflix with Edwin, when Alazay ran in slammed the door, and ran up to her room. She looked wet and yellow for some strange reason, and her eyes were already red. I turned my head up to Edwin with worry in my eyes.

Lately Alazay has been coming home and been really quiet. She's usually so bubbly and happy and is always talking, but during the past week all she's been doing is coming home and going straight to her room.

I've been trying to talk to her but every time I walk in she fake sleeps just so I can leave. I'm sitting here think about all of this when a sudden tear falls down my cheek.

I feel a thumb wipe it away as I look up and see Edwin staring down at me with the same worry in his eyes.

Edwin: Mi amor what's wrong?

Y/N: Edwin, I'm worried about her....

Edwin: She has been acting up lately....

Y/N: Ed.....

I almost crack when I hear him say those words. I thought I was the only one noticing but I guess not.

Y/N: Ed please talk to her....you know she'll listen to you.

He smiles lightly then places a kiss on my forehead.

Edwin: Don't worry mi amor, it's going to be fine.

EDWIN'S POV
I leave the warm embrace of my wife as I make my way up the stairs slowly. I look at the old pictures on the wall of me back in my fighting days.

I used to do boxing, and won the title of worldwide boxing champion. But that's all behind me now. I own a local boxing gym and I am currently coaching Adonis Creed.

As I reminisce on good memories, the faint cries of Alazay ring through my ears. My heart aches as I make my way to her door. I knock lightly only to be returned with a harsh yell.

Alazy: GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE!!

As I look down something in my peripheral vision catches my eyes. I look back up and turn my head towards the twins room. I see Ray and Vince both hiding behind the door frame, looking scared and worried.

Edwin: Hey babies what's wrong?

They run down the hallway and I bend down so I can catch them into my arm. I hug them tight then Ray talks in almost something smaller than a whisper.

Ray: Daddy....

I think she's been crying too. Shit.

Ray: Daddy....is Zay mad at us?

Tears fall down her eyes as I turn to her twin brother and see the same thing. I wipe their tears and pull them close to me.

Edwin: Shh..shhh Zay could never be mad at you two. Trust me...

Vince: But daddy she hasn't played with us all week....

He pouts at me and my heart aches more than I could possibly know. I pull back from the... hug and look into their beautiful brown eyes.

Edwin: Shh don't cry okay you two? Zay is a bit scared, that's all. But don't worry, daddy will fix everything okay?

Ray and Vince: Okay...

Edwin: Now go downstairs to mommy so you can eat ice-cream.

Ray and Vince light up instantly. I kiss them both on the forehead, before I turn around and watch them walk down the stairs, hand in hand. I turn my head back around, and slowly open the door and whisper softly.