17: Lunch

Jimin stayed home since there was no need to substitute for taekwondo anymore

Jimin stayed home since there was no need to substitute for taekwondo anymore. Jaeseong was at school.

He sat at the table and I made him leftovers then joined him.

"Sorry. I only have leftovers nowadays." I said, feeling embarrased.

"It's okay. Thank you for letting me stay." He started to eat. "I'm going to move back to my parent's place."

My heart clenched. There was no reason I should feel sad... right? Maybe I did want him to go or maybe not.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about moving away." He continued. "Can I explain now?"

I nodded, unsure, but nodded.

"Six years ago my parents had some business with Eunji's parents. Back then, the guy Eunji was dating, her parents didn't like him; he was a bad guy. So this business was tight, I didn't know what it was about, all they told me was that I marry her so they can do their business together."

"D-Did you like that idea?" I asked, though I was scared of his answer.

"Of course not Y/n, I wanted to be with... you." At this point he stopped eating. While he explained, my attention was on him and his hands in his lap, his face looking at his hands.

"It's been some time now and I wanted to look for you but I just didn't know how or where. I tried getting through to your phone, your parents and sister, they didn't pick up and I'm guessing you got a new number by the time. You moved into this place and now raising Jaeseong and I'm so sorry for everything."

I didn't want to admit I wanted a hug from him, but I really did. My heart is crying out sorrys and I want you.

"We'll talk later okay?" I didn't wait for an answer and went upstairs to change for work.

. . .

"Do you know where Jimin is?" Eunji asked.

"He's at my house."

"Can you please call him and tell him to come here? We need to do some divorce paperwork." She said shuffling papers around.

"A-Are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded. "I knew we wanted different things so it's okay." She smiled.

I went to call Jimin at my desk and he finally arrived and they went to have a talk.

After a while, Jimin came out and stood in front of my desk.

"What are you doing for lunch?" He asked.

"Just staying here, working." I got my hand off my laptop.

"You uhh want to go for lunch?" He rubbed the nape of his neck.

I'm actually starving but I don't know how to feel about his offer.

"I-I don't think it's a good idea."

"Uhm okay, that's cool. Anyways, I uhm, I'm gonna go back tonight." He said.

Before he walked away, I stopped him. "Actually Jimin, I-I will come with you, eat lunch I mean."

. . .

"Thank you for coming with me, to eat lunch." He said after we ordered our food.

He took us to a nice place, we sat on the outside tables. There was black metal fences on the outside and wooden tables inside. Some tables had umbrellas and all tables had a plant in the middle. The fences were wrapped around with leaves and ivy.

"I was hungry anyways." I sipped my water from the straw. "Jimin..." I started to swirl the straw around in the glass.

"I don't know how much times I have to say sorry, but I am."

"No, I know. I was gonna ask, do you still... actually forget it."

"If you're wondering, I... still love you."

Exactly what I was thinking. How did he know? I missed him, I just don't want to admit it. He needs a fresh start, it just won't be fair to him... at least that's the way I see it.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." He added.

"It won't be fair to you."

"What won't be fair?"

"If we get back together, which we probably won't, I mean if we do, but we won't--" STUPID. STUPID.

"I want to get back together."

<3
OKAY SO LONG TIME NO SEE. I haven't been doing author's notes lately because i feel like it looks cleaner.

good news: the book is gonna get exciting from this point

bad news: it's gonna come to an end soon

but I hope you like the book so far 💘💘 and hope you love my activity thank you so much everybody for supporting i love youuuuuu