6: Necklace

I was now home, taking off the make-up and washing my face while Jaeseong was tucked in bed and fast asleep

"Park Jimin. Of course it was him. The name. The face. That necklace. I was about to fall for him twice." I talked to myself in the mirror.

I recognized that necklace anywhere. I was the one who got that necklace made on our anniversary and he still wears it around?

It was a special necklace because I was the one who made it and had the idea of putting a ruby on it, with a gold chain. I made it with a little help from another guy and then surprised him with it.

He wore it on a special night for his wife.

"Oh god how could I be so stupid."

I head to bed hoping for a better day.

. . .

I was making breakfast when I heard the doorbell. I went to open it, unexpectedly Jimin was on the other side.

"Hey Y/n!"

"H-Hey."

"Where's Jaeseong? I was wondering if Jaeseong and I could hangout at home today." He smiled.

Oh that smile. How could I forget a smile so pure? The one that brought us together.

"Jimin, I don't think it's a good idea."

"Oh come on! It's a Saturday and plus you have work. No one will be home for him."

He was right. I usually hired Anne, the babysitter, or bring him over to Bora, the neighbours.

"Fine." I smiled. "But he woke up with a cold today. I hope you don't mind."

He shook his head. "Not a problem. I'm good with this kind of stuff."

. . .

I was sitting at my desk filling out some papers for Eunji. "Hey Y/n!" She called out and I ran into her room.

"Why did you leave so early last night? I forgot to ask." She sets her pen down.

"T-There was trouble at home. Yeah. Jaeseong is resting in bed. He caught a cold so I had to go back home."

Well. Half of it was true. Jaeseong was sick but not last night, the next morning.

"Oh. Is it bad?"

I shook my head. "Thank goodness it's not." I smiled.

"Can I have my main people in here?" She yelled.

"Okay. I need a topic. Something that catches the people's eyes. What do we have?"

"The girl that climbed up a tree to get her cat!" Said a male lifting up his pencil as he spoke.

"Mr. Jeong. This will be on the front cover of a newspaper, not a children's book." She walked around her desk."Any more ideas?"

"How about Wang's Models?" I suggested. "The building that caught on fire a couple days ago because of a shooting."

"Alright Mrs. Kim." She smiled proudly. "Do we have any info on that?" She asked but no one answered. "Okay. I want everyone to get to work. This newspaper will be published on Firday remember! And another meeting will be held on Monday!"

Everyone left the office and I stood up.

"Good Idea Y/n. Jimin is taking care of Jaeseong right?"

I nodded. "Do you need anything?"

"Not right now. Thank you."

I was about to turn my heel but I remembered something. "Eunji. Uhm The necklace Jimin was wearing at your party. Do you know where he got it from?"

She looked up trying to remember. "Oh! That one! Yes I actually don't know. Probably his friends got him the necklace or something. Though I don't think he wears that necklace much. Only on special occasions. Why do you ask?"

My heart ached in some type of way but I smiled. "No reason. I just think it's pretty."

<3

SO. Publishing 2 chapters today because! Thank you for everyone who is supporting this book. I hope you like it so far! I hope you all stay safe and warm during the break!