2: Michael

okay before you start

okay before you start. this gif has nothing to do with this chapter. i just like it :D

The day of work passed by quick. I learned more about Mrs. Park from what coffee she likes in the morning to her family. She knows I have a son as well.

"Okay, behave. I know you will be a strong boy one day. Once mommy is done with groceries and cooking dinner, I'll come and pick you up."

Jaeseong nodded and headed into the building. He's doing taekwondo. I put him there because I wanted him to grow up doing something useful, good, and to defend himself.

"Carrots... Carrots...Baby car-- ah ha!"

Oh god. It's on the top shelf.

I look around the aisle to see if anyone was here and when there was no one. I climb the shelf to reach to the back when someone's hand tap me; I got scared, tumbling back into the person's arm.

"I'm so sorry." I quickly stood up and look at the person wearing the cap.

"It's okay. You could've hurt yourself." He grab the baby carrots in the back and gave it to me.

"I had that covered." I said in annoyance.

He scoffed. "Yeah right. No thank you?"

"T-thank you." I put the carrots into the cart and look under his cap, realizing the familiar voice, seeing his face.

"Michael!" I slapped his arm making him groan.

"Ow!" He rub his arm before taking off his cap. "Y/n! Ha you should've seen the look on your face when you got scared."

"Not. Funny. Michael." I sigh. "I can't believe Ms. Kang left."

He shrugged. "I guess she got everything she wanted. Being the most powerful women of this city and everything. She accomplished so much."

I nodded. "I'm happy she got a move on. I'm just hoping Mrs. Park is going to be easy on me."

There was a moment of silence.

"Omg. When was the last time we hung out? Like 2 Saturdays ago? I'm having dinner at my house, I don't know if youre doing anything tonight. Why don't you join us?" I offered.

"I couldn't."

"Jaeseong misses you! Come on!" I look at him with puppy eyes, pouting.

"Fine. Just for him."

. . .

I'm now preparing dinner after picking up Jaeseong from taekwondo class who is now watching tv.

"Mommy. At taekwondo today, someone hit me really hard."

"Yes sweetie. I want you to be more careful next time. But I know you're a strong boy."

I heard the doorbell. Before I opened the door, I checked my watch.

"Hey Michael! You're here early!"

I saw him holding a flower bouquet.

"Y-yeah yeah! I- uh- These are for you." He smiled.

"Oh- I'm- thank you. Come in!"

He took a big whiff. "Smells good. Your food always smell good."

"Michael!!!!" Jaeseong ran to give him a hug, only reaching up to his waist.

"Hey little man! How are you? I haven't seen you in a while huh?" He smiled and picked Jaeseong up.

"Mommy said she's always busy to bring friends over." Jaeseong pouted.

"Mommy has been busy these past few days." Michael chuckled. He sat Jaeseong down onto the dining chair. "Oh what happened here?" He lightly touch the band aid on his forehead.

"Some boy hit me really hard in taekwondo class." Jaeseong couldn't even pronouce taekwondo right which made Michael chuckle.

"Good thing there is a band aid there."

I set the table and sat down.

"Looks good." Michael smiled.

Jaeseong began eating and so did you and Michael.

<3
okay everyone. do you like how it's going so far ?