Friends?~Tay

I think friendships are underrated. I've learned some seriously important lessons about friendships starting in middle school. A recurring theme is that friendship isn't always about who you spend time with the most or who you talk to every single day. It's being there even when you can't physically be there.

I met my best friend in middle school. We had classes together during 6th and 7th grade, but 8th grade is where we really connected. I didn't know how important she would be to me until I stopped attending the same school with her. There were moments where I thought our friendship had fallen apart because we didn't talk everyday. We didn't have the chance to yell each other's name in the hallways. We didn't get to tell the whole school that we were best friends. I missed out on so much that went down in her life and she missed things that went down in my own. My mind created all these lies that things were falling apart, but little did I know that our bond was getting stronger every day.

Even though we don't see each other as much as we'd like to or get to talk as much, we think about each other. We pray for each other. We are there for each other when we can be and I think that in the few memories, there is so much meaning. I've learned that we might be doing things in our own lives, but we are still growing together.

If you haven't gotten to talk to people who mean so much to you lately, go ahead and do that today. A hello can make their day. Letting them know you're thinking about them means so much more than you realize. Send them that funny gif or that funny video you found on YouTube. Cherish the moments you spend with them.

If you don't have that person, I'm here for you. SGC is here for you♥️

You've got a friend in us!

~tay