Chapter 37

I sat beside Alec motionless, making sure to pay attention to everything that was being discussed.

Alec spoke in a private room in the office building with Nova and Blue Peak's alpha's through video chat, weighing out their options. On our end, there were few wolves in the room with us, since we didn't know who could have been under the director's influence. Alec made sure their minds stayed open the entire time so he can randomly intrude on their thoughts just to be safe. I feel bad that they need to be violated the worst way a werewolf can be, but it's necessary.

"The attacks must have been to weaken the packs for an overrun. Or at least testing the waters to overrun it." He said to Malec through the screen.

Saige sat next to me, asking me if everything is okay.

"Yes," I say tightly, to which she raised a brow at me in disbelief. "No?" 

"Tell me what's wrong." She whispered. I looked back at the screen and then to Saige. 

"I should really be paying attention. Rabelae comes tomorrow, Randon's plan all along must have been to plan a meeting with us and attack from within. That's the only logical explanation." I say.

It's late, really late. So that means we have only hours to figure out a good strategy for defenses and attack if necessary. If Randon just wants to meet to only get a good look around and then come back another time that would be good too, that way we'd have a plan, but that's also risky because if there are other members within our pack that are working for him, he'll know something is wrong if they aren't doing what they're supposed to do, so we'd have to attack immediately.

"And the powered people? Have they arrived at your pack yet?" I heard Andrew ask Alec, and at that, I quickly tuned in.

"My men are on their way back with them. My mate will be greeting them at the border." Alec motioned to me and I nodded at the two alphas on the screen.

"How do you know they'll agree to fight with us?" Andrew questioned.

I chuckled a little. "A chance to defeat the one man who turned them into lab rats and fighting machines? It's not even a question whether they will or not. Don't worry, we got this. It's the timing we need to worry about and a proper plan for when they do get here. I just want to make sure I have them in the positions they need to be in for a strike." 

"You strategize an army you don't even know will fight for certain. It's foolish." He snapped.

"It's also the only option we have. My ability won't be enough, or Sophie's." I tell him with a glare. It's bad enough she's worried about her brother. The doctor has prepared enough cures for any aeteri still under the director's influence, but they come after we win. I still want him to believe she works for him since he still has her son.

"Alec, are you really going to rely on a maybe?" He turned to Alec who nodded once, making me smile.

"I've learned when and when not to question my mate and this is one of those times I will not question her decision." He told Andrew who only growled and ran his hands through his hair.

"It's risky!" He all but growled making my anger flare up.

"Fighting without the aeteri is risky Alpha! You have no idea how many of us are on his side and neither do we. So we either work together on this or you can say goodbye to your pack. I want to disperse the aeteri to you and Malec's packs for protection and more fighters but I can't with you fighting me on this." I tell him.

He huffed, rubbing his temples and grumbling under his breath for a moment while I waited for a response. Malec looked upset but thoughtful. I'm sure he'll side with me.