Chapter 30

"L-luna, I-

"Take a seat," I repeated, motioning to a nearby chair for her to sit in. Following my orders, she slowly took a seat, looking more frightened than ever which was kind of a surprise seeing how she is a lot stronger than me at the moment.

"How did you find me?" She whispered, keeping her gaze downwards. 

At her question, I clenched my jaw. "How did I find you? That's it? That's all you have to say right now?" I asked in anger.

Guilt was written all over her face and she visibly gulped.

"I don't know what else to say, Luna. I don't think an apology will cut it." She shrunk down in her seat and I studied her face. She looked defeated, a look of failure. 

I wanted to demand why she did what she did. Scream at her to fix me and never to show her face in the pack again, but then I remembered what I asked her sister. The sadness that coated her features were so similar to her sisters and I am going to figure it out.

"What does the director have on you?" I asked carefully.

I don't care if that was too forward or if I am being insensitive, but if this is the only way to get her on my side, I don't care.

Her eyes snapped to mine and my gaze never wavered. She looked so uncertain and scared like she was afraid to speak about it, but I really don't have time for these games. I'm on a tight schedule and would rather get back to Alec and the pack as soon as possible. It's bad enough I feel like my head is going to explode with Alec continuously pressing into it and I can only imagine what he's going to do when I get home.

Probably lock me up, to be honest.

"I can't." She whispered, looking down. Her response spiked my anger and it took all I had not to strangle her right now. I need answers, but if I get angry, that won't help either of us.

Closing my eyes, I sighed loudly, pondering over my next words. 

"Look," I start. "I get you're scared, believe me, I know that feeling. The director lives off fear, but do you not understand what's at stake here? Entire packs, our pack, is in danger. He's ruthless and won't stop until he has power over everyone and everything."

"Other packs are in danger as well?" She asked.

Nodding, I took a step forward. "Yes. It doesn't take rocket science to see that the attacks going on in the other packs are his fault. Who else has control over the aeteri, people like me? I'm still trying to understand how he has control over rogues too, but that doesn't really matter at the moment. What matters is that we stop him." I tell her. 

She looked determined for a second, before shrinking back into her scared and uncertainty. "I-I can't." She said once again looking away from me.

"Why?" I asked rather loud. 

"Luna-"

"Don't call me that!" I shout, pounding my fist on the desk beside me. The doctor jumped, flinching backward. "You call me by my title as if your loyalty is still prominent and it clearly isn't! So unless you are willing to defy the director and give me a chance to help you, then call me by what your puppet master calls me, Eversor." I snap, clenching my fists.

If she won't help me, I'll help myself. I'm a little rusty in chemistry, but I can't sit around. I have to try and come up with a cure for myself.

She was surprised by my outburst, and she bit her lip. I'm sick of this, if she won't help then I don't need her. I should eliminate her, I can't have her running off to the director and telling him where I am, but at the thought of hurting her, guilt consumed me.