1

Edited

Please read the authors note at the end of this chapter and I would like to let you know a little disclaimer that I do not own the maze runner franchise because if I did things would have ended differently all credit goes to James Dashner for writing these masterpieces and to wes ball for bringing them to life and I only own May and my own plot twists.

May's POV

Metal scraping against metal was the only thing that I could hear as I jolted up from what I guess was a sleep gasping for breath as I looked around while trying to find out where I was and why I was here but the only thing that was in my head was a name. May. My name I thought as I sat back still gasping for breath with a million unanswered questions in my head waiting until this ride had finished taking me to wherever it was that I was going.after what felt like hours the metal cage stopped and I leapt to my feet and started banging on what seemed like an opening above me. "Hey is anyone there?" "will anyone let me out please it's cold down here," I shouted, straining my voice to make sure that I would be heard when the doors were then swiftly thrown open and a burst of light flew through the new opening causing me to fall backwards and cover my eyes from the unexpected light.

"You won't bloody believe it. Its a girl" Someone exclaimed sounding surprised that I was here. "Well, no shit im a girl what did you expect a bloody dog?" I answered back which earned me a few laughs from whoever was up there. with a thud someone jumped into the box and held their hand out in front of me "names Newt greenie welcome to the glade greenie" he said with a sort of accent that sounded familiar but I couldn't place why it did. taking his hand he pulled me up and helped me out of the box. finally getting a look at my surroundings I noticed that grey walls covered in green ivy covered the place I was in. The walls were hundreds of feet high, forming a perfect square around them with each wall having an opening in the middle. the murmurs of the people around her and their unfamiliar words brought her back to reality. "Looks like she's about to Klunk herself shes definitely going to be a slopper" one said. Gazing upon the group she noticed that there were around 15 boys stood around her. finding the first boy that talked to her she finally took in his appearance, he was quite tall, probably one of the tallest in this place. the glade I think he called it I thought. he was quite muscular and his blond hair fell just below his ears and he had a face that showed kindness and was complimented by a square jaw. "why am I here? and why are there so many boys?" I questioned starting to get a bit self-conscious of the looks they were giving me, man its like they've never seen a girl before.

"Alright calm down greenie I'll answer your shucking questions tomorrow when I give you the tour." a new voice erupted from the crowd this person had a dark complexion with short cropped hair and a clean-shaven face that was starting to show scowl marks indicating that he was either always miserable or had been up here the longest out of all of them. accepting the fact that you aren't going to get any answers today you just nodded your head and wondered where you were going to sleep. "Names Alby and im the leader around here, once everyone's gotten back to work im gonna call a gathering between me and the rest of the keepers to see what we will do with you. Newt will show you where to go when its time" he said then walked off deep in thought. "well you heard the shank get back to bloodwork the lot of yous." newt shouted while looking at the boys nodding to a few of them as he went.

"how ya feelin greenie?" he asked a look of sympathy flashing across his face, thinking about it I just shrugged my shoulders and replied "honestly I have no idea scared probably and confused that I have no idea what half the words you are saying mean. like what the bloody hell is a keeper and why do you keep calling me a greenie and shank and klunk sound like insults to me." gasping for breath I looked at him hoping he would answer me. laughing slightly he shook his head "ill answer this question one time greenie only cause it's better if you understand the slang of the glade as early as you can. a keeper is the leader of their group, you'll find out about that tomorrow, greenie is what we call the newbies that come up in the box and shank means friend and honestly I thought klunk would have been the one that you would have gotten its what we say instead of crap or poop cause its the noise it makes when it hits the toilet." he finished studying my face. grimacing slightly at the last part I let out a disgusted sigh and looked around the glade again.

there were some gardens in one corner opposite a small wooden building with what seemed like a prison outside it and on the other side of the garden in the corner there was a barn of sorts with a couple pens with animals in them and then in between that and what seemed like a wooded area was a concrete box with a metal door on it. noticing where I was looking Newt sighed and simply said "that's the map room before you ask and no I ain't gonna tell you what its for, come on its time for your gathering the keeper of the runners will be back by now." and with that he stalked across the glade with me following behind him feeling like I was gonna klunk myself. Did I use that right? I think I did I thought as I noticed I was talking to myself. Great I've only been here an hour at the most and I've already gone crazy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

As you may have noticed this story is set sometime around the beginning of the maze but I haven't included Nick as the leader and im going, to be honest with you and its cause my brains turned to Klunk and I can't think of a way to describe him plus I think having Alby as the leader from the get-go will make you understand why he is like he is further on in this story as it progresses. I may still add nick into the story just as a normal gladder and not the leader as I said im not fully following the books or the film with this I am going to be adding my own twists to this and the same will be done if I do a sequel or anything like that. Also, do you think that May should be British as well considering her face claim or should I leave her to be American like the rest of the boys?

- K