1

It’s been a long boring day, sitting in class. I watched world pass by with out it seeming to involve me in any way. And that was okay. My only “friend" was Shelley. She was different. And everyone taunted her for it. We only had art together. But she was they only one I spoke to. Well kind of. She used her computer to speak to me but I didn’t mind. She was to sweet to be treated the way she was by others.
I was walking home, cutting through the park when I heard screaming. I froze. It was dark. And the only thing I had on me was my phone, I left my pocket knife at home. I slowly and  Quietly walked towards the pink play house where the scream had came from. I gasped at what I saw, bile burning my throat. A big white dog had run off dragging the intestines of a girl I knew from school, Brooke Bluebell. Her eyes were frozen open in fear, and terror. I grabbed the top of the play house and wrenched as the image of her lifeless body stayed in my mind. I called 911.

   Leaving an  Anonymous tip and ran home. I crept in the house careful not to wake my father. I showered. Hoping the hot steamy water would wash the image of her from my mind. But the more I wished it would leave , more I found it stayed. I wept silently. Poor Brooke, I had spoken only a few times but she was a nice girl. I had learned she was having an affair with our English teacher. But I kept that to myself. I got out of the shower when the hot water ran out. I crawled in bed and prayed for Brooke. That she was in a better place and that they would catch what ever the hell it was that did this to her.

   I spent the night tossing and turning. I felt and look like shit. I got to school and knew that everyone had heard about Brooke. I kept my head down and did what I did best. Disappeared in to the background. After lunch I was walking to my locker when I saw Shelley. She looked upset.
“Hey Shelley,  are you okay?” I said quietly.

She typed. “yes. Everyone keeps teasing me. But I’m okay.” I gave her a side hug that was kind of awkward since she was so tall.

“Why is everyone in this school so mean. I’m sorry shell.”

“Not everyone, Peter Is nice to me. And you too.” I smiled and nodded. I didn’t know much about the new guy except that Christina, a freshman, was telling everyone he was a werewolf. I told Shelley I would see her in art and went to my next class. English. I took my seat in the back corner and found myself staring at Brookes seat. The image of her half eaten lifeless body came back in to my mind and I closed my eyes tight and put my head down.

   I heard the teacher talking but what she was saying didn’t register. I looked out the window and found myself thinking of Brooke again only this time it was about when I caught her passing love letters with our English teacher through books she was “barrowing".
“PLEASE,  don’t tell anyone she would Lose her job and go to jail!” she pleaded quietly to me in the empty bathroom.

I chuckled a bit. “I swear. I won’t tell anyone. It’s not like I have anyone to tell anyways.” She smiled and thanked me.

“Yah know. Your pretty cute. I don’t see why you don’t put your self out there”. She winked and handed me her lipstick.

I thought about how I’ve never even wore the lip stick she gave me. Maybe it would have made her happy if I wore it I thought. I was taken from my thoughts when I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder. It was the principal, he came in through the second door, to not draw attention to us.
He motioned for me to come with him so I put my stuff in my bag and left. We got to his office and he has me sit as an officer came in. I knew him as sheriff Sworn.

“Andrea Teller. This is Sheriff Sworn, I don’t know if you’ve ever had to meet him as you’ve never been in trouble in any of your years in school but..” the principal was cut off when Sworn interrupted.

“We know of eachother.” He nodded at me in reference to my father and the issues hes had.

“I’m here about Brooke Bluebell. Do you know why?” he said softly, as he sat down in the chair next to me.