Chapter Nineteen

Gianna's POV-

I looked at her dead in the eyes. Her tear stained cheeks glistened under the flashing lights from the paparazzi. I just stood there, shocked not knowing if I should say anything to her especially right here, waiting for her outburst.

"Hola mi niña." She spoke, walking towards me.

I shook my head and started to walk backwards as if she was a murderer. When she saw me walking away slowly she stopped, and stared at me again. It was as if I was frozen. After our fight I didn't speak to her at all. Sure there was times when I missed embracing my mom and having talks with her but her negativity took over and now look where we are..

I finally snapped out of it when I felt marc tugging at my arm..

"Let's go. Forget her..." He whispered.

I just nodded and turned my back to her. Marc put his free arm around me, as if shielding me from the paparazzi and we walked. But as we walked, she started to yell at us.

"How are you going to walk away from me?! Look, look at these two walking away from their DYING mother! All I wanted to do was visit mis niños but they stopped talking to me and they have left me alone to struggle! Why? Why would you do this to me? Why would you ignore your cancer-stricken mother..."

When I heard the word "dying" I stopped. I wanted to run away but I couldn't. So I turned to her and then to all the paparazzi who continued to flash their blinding lights at us. Our mom was "crying" but I swear I saw her smirk. Even if she was just doing this to make Marc and I look like horrible people, I still felt tears building up. I shouldn't let her get under my skin but she obviously just did. Once again, Marc started pulling me away and we just walked to the car, but the paparazzi just bombarded us with more questions...

"Marc, why did you guys just do that?!"

"Guess who just won the worst kids in the world award?"

"Your mother is dying and you aren't helping her, how do you feel?"

"What will your coaches and colleagues think about this?"

When we got to the car we threw everything in the trunk and ran in. Marc turned on the car and we sped off. I turned around and I only saw the paparazzi, our mom was nowhere in sight, maybe because she got what she wanted. I adjusted myself in the seat and a few tears fall. I look out the window and I feel Marc grab my hand, trying to console me, but I quickly pull it away.

"Oh my god Gianna, don't tell me you're mad at me now?" He snarls.

God he really knows how to make a bad situation worse doesn't he?

When we finally get home I grab some bags and walk into the house. I set the bags down and I pace back and forth in the kitchen, putting my hands through my hair. I felt trapped, anxious; I just needed to let it all out. I bang my hands against the counter and I start crying like there is no tomorrow. I rest my head in my hands and I feel Marc come from behind and pull me into a long hug.

"I'm sorry you have to go through all this..." He said as he rested his head on mine, as I cry into his chest.

I was always the sensitive one so I got hurt easily and as much as I deny it, losing the relationship with my mom had a huge effect on me. She became this bitter person only months before we completely stopped talking, so living with her wasn't bad. To this day I still don't know what made her have so much hatred towards Marc and me but at this point I don't care.

"Calm down Gianna. Just breathe." Marc said, rubbing my back.

As much as I tried, I couldn't stop. I cried and cried and then I started hyperventilating. With every breath I let out, less would go in. It was a struggle with every breath I took. Then out of the blue, I start shaking.