Friends. 👍👍

That's what true love is. Always wanting what's best for someone, even if that doesn't include you. - Anonymous.

Spencer's POV

Glass. A glass board stood before me and yet nothing was going in. Nothing understood or comprehended. I wiped my eyes to try and remove the sleep from my eyes. No sleep had been had. The words and case let my mind become fried and there was no way to help it. Derek was suddenly at my side and he handed me a cup of coffee and a small smile. He knew something was up but a quiet code between us was that we kept our issues to ourselves until we were sure to be alone.

"I don't get it. No poem, nothing. I haven't heard these words before." The words rang to a beat and yet no one recognised it. The words hadn't appeared when JJ googled the selected phrase. A hand hit my back as a sort of reassurance as we stood with our backs to the lift. Clearly, the meeting in the office was vital but I needed a quiet place to work.

My hair had grown quite long but I let it and nothing in me cared. It was a mess and the odd comment was made but I couldn't care at all. My eyes began to search the page again and I tried to decode it. There was a thing, something I was missing and I had no clue what it was. Books piled up on the desk and my eyes ran all over what there was. No matter how fast I read, we were running out of time.

As I wiped my face again the lift was moved to an open position but I was so involved in the words before me and eventually the pen met the board. Lines and words spread onto it and I sat confused as to how I hadn't even spotted it before. Derek had left my side and I heard him welcome whoever was at the door with glee. Clearly, he cared for the person at the lift.

"Derek. I have done it. The words weren't in a pattern they spell something out. I used an ancient code that no one really knows but I am certain that this person must have spent years studying the code." He came to my side and nodded slowly but clearly, the word on the board I had only just written wasn't sitting well. It made no sense. So far the only word was 'Lemon' and I didn't know what a lemon had to do with fifteen dead men and five of their wives. All doctors and some of their partners. All injected with a chemical. Not really sure of the chemical used but it was a bad one.

"It's a song." A familiar voice sounded from just behind me. Why did she always come back to haunt me? She didn't mean any sort of pain. Quite the opposite, but that didn't mean she was right. I hadn't been able to let my eyes close for longer than an hour after she left me. Like I was the most precious thing she had ever owned and if she kept on talking to me she may have broken me, but in truth, her leaving broke me.

"Something doctor something. Can't even tell you what it is called but I can remember the words. It's a song about a woman with bad mental health and the doctor keeps on telling her she is okay and her parents tell her that the doctor said she is okay so she is. They give her tablets that help her smile. She doesn't tell anyone because she is scared they will all leave her. She misses her old life as a child. The doctor doesn't know anything because she feels alone and her parents don't believe her. They say it's just bad anxiety." I let my hand wipe my words and lines off the board and go to ask her to write up what she can but Morgan hands her a piece of paper.

Her writing was smooth and in one line. It was well written and easily readable to us all and it was stuck on the board for the room to see. The words were sad and not a song I would have liked her to listen to at all, but she was a grown woman. As I turned to talk to her again Emily emerged and I was met with a smiling pair. A black jacket fell from a chair into Prentiss' hand as they both left. Not even a goodbye, and in a way it had helped me. I could see her and let her go but my body was itching to just do something. Before I had time to turn around, Aurora ran back in and grabbed her phone from off the desk and smiled with a slight wave in Derek's direction. Not once could she talk or look at me. Not because she was ashamed, she was hurt, and I knew why.