Crossing Roads.

Don't judge people for the choices they make when you don't know the options they had to chose from. - Pinterest

Aurora's POV

The air seemed less dense and the skies let a little more light shine through. Home was never in that place and suddenly I found my heart beating a million miles an hour. The door sat before me and I had been alone in public for too long. My mind was groggy with travel and my heart heavy with fear of the known. The two who had hurt me.

"Hallo?" An old man opened the door and my eyes lit up whilst also watering.

"Papa." He had grown worry lines and smile lines. He had definitely aged in the nine years since I had left but not enough to be even remotely unrecognisable. His face was a warm and loving one.

"Aurora." He almost shouted at me as his arms swung around me and hurried steps came from the kitchen. A woman who had aged a lot worse met me with a wide smile and watery eyes.

"Kleine." Her arms wrapped around me in a tight embrace. My eyes had also begun to spring tears as I felt their love for me. To be in their arms again felt odd to me but I was so happy the sensation was lost.

"Wo waren Sie?" She asked quickly as her hands brought me into the small house. It was different from the one that I had been raised in when I lived in America but it was similar to the one I grew up in.

"Ein seltsamer Ort in den Bäumen." With my answer cookies were placed in my hands as I took them greedily. I hadn't eaten for a while and it had caught up on me.

My parents sat on either side of me as the day dragged on. Not once was I left alone and not once did they stop hugging or touching me. Something I was not used to and it was when dinner was eaten that I explained it to them and they nodded readily. As we had finished eating the main home phone rang and I was quick to pick it up.

"Hallo." I welcomed but it was an American who replied.

"Hello. I am Penelope Garcia. I am with the BAU. Spencer Reid was just wondering if a lady called Aurora Dawn Goudier was at home." I thought about it for a second and if it was a trap. My tired mind seemed to be working overtime.

"A Mr Reid will need to speak first. Safety reasons." His voice came through as a tiny whisper but I knew it was real. In my heart, I wanted to say yes and proclaim my desire but my head told me to deny it. I met in the middle.

"No." Not the middle, not the middle but it was said.

"I know it is you Aurora." He spoke through and I cringed at my obvious lie. He was a bloody FBI agent. I wasn't sure what the BAU was but it seemed important.

"Goodbye Spencer Reid." The phone was just about out when I heard a loud shout and as the phone met my ear again the woman was telling him off.

"What?" I clearly sounded impatient and at no point did I care.

"Are you happy in Germany?" My hesitation was a sure giveaway as to my uncertainty towards Spencer.

"Yes," I replied almost convincing myself.

"Liar." He commented and that day was in my head again. I could see his face when I spoke to him. When he then spoke to me and let me know how he felt. Nothing was held back. Not by me or him.