Inside.

"I am destroying myself so that other people can't," she said, "and it's the worst kind of control but it's the only form I know." - S.Z.

Aurora's Pov.

I was scared. There wasn't any other word or words that could describe it. If I entered a room all windows had to be free and then I had to check them all. My face was always scrunched up and my body was always tense. One thing I had learnt though was to not show it. If I did then people asked and I didn't want to lie. So I was forced to smile and being my shoulders back. Spencer had kept his distance and I couldn't find any reason to blame him. Fear, and it was real, seemed to encircle me. Anna was worried but I managed to distract her in any way possible. My lecturers were too busy to notice me and that was the way I wanted it to be. Macy worked with me and I knew she saw something was up but we both silently agreed to ignore the fact. To us, it was what it was supposed to be. That was until we began to actually practice a short performance. I wore leggings and a tight top and she wore something similar. Both of us wore black pop socks and our shoes were on the side.

Her hair was vibrant ginger and freckles let loose on her face. They were pale and a few darker. Macy had eyes like an angel as she could light a room with the pale green that fed into a light blue centre. Her eyelashes were long and dark without makeup and her eyebrows were plucked into a perfected shape. The long and smooth hair washed down her back to her waist. A length I had always loved to have. My hair was always being cut before but now it was left to grow. I had always resented my short hair.

"Hey, I noticed something has been off since you left. Is everything olay? I haven't seen you in the local shops like usual." I went to the splits, almost as I couldn't quite do them yet and began to stretch my legs out. I let a small groan leave as my back clicked and it felt so good.

"Yeah. A few issues but they turned out to be the wrong ones." She went straight down to the splits and put me to shame. Her back in a perfectly straight position and then she let her hands move down to her ankle as she lay flat. Clearly, there was some hesitation to answer and she seemed to not completely believe me.

"Tell me it all." I licked my teeth in thought and worry before I leant a little forward and felt my muscles relax. It would be a day or two before I could completely do the splits without such a warm-up but I could still do them after a few stretches.

"Why don't we go for coffee and then I will tell you? In a place with more of a public view. Just in case anything happens." Macy let her body fling back up and then she was jumping to my feet. I knew that meant that she wanted it all over with sooner rather than later, I got to my feet and got into our ready position. The song began and I let my back arch as I did a last-second stretch just before Macy stood at my side and we ran in with the song.

A slight sweat was seen on both of us but to my amazement, we ran through the song in a few moments with no issues at all. I sighed and took a swig of my water as I sat on a chair. Macy brought me to my feet as we warmed down. Her face was one I just trusted. A face many people could and did trust.

"So, Starbucks and then we can come back to my dorm because I don't have any sort of designated roommate and we can chat shit until the sun sets or the world ends." For the world to end it seemed drastic and loud but peace could also be established. Clearly, I felt it wouldn't be that bad if the world was to end.

"Okay." I grabbed my bag as she grabbed her rucksack and we left. Her car was only an old one but it was expected by university students all over the world to have awful and atrocious cars. Though it ran smoothly and relatively quietly. My body was only sent into the air because of bumps once and after that, I was quick to remember my buckle.