What?

Lies and secrets, Tessa, they are like a cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind. - Cassandra Clare.

Spencer's POV

Life felt like a broken record, one that was a dream as well. Aurora seemed to hit all of my buttons, bad and good as she became too defensive but she was also beautiful. She chose to do it all but she would make me smile as she did so. I found myself indulging in her a little more but as the two who had taken me returned, she hit a corner and went back to the beginning. That was until I would kiss her and she would lay with me. I never knew what was happening in that room but she never had any marks and I couldn't hear a word spoken while they were in there. I had seen a set of scales being used and so I feared that it was a sort of fat-shaming room, though I was aware of how sensitive she was about the room. I also believed that the adults spent so much time in there that another person may have been in there.

"I couldn't leave you. Even if we ever get out and free. You can live with me, we can learn the other person's language." She may not have known what I was saying but it didn't matter because her eyes watched me as I spoke to her as we laid on the sofa.

Aurora was clearly bored as she got to her feet and moved into the kitchen. Her legs were beneath her as she sat on a chair and I watched from a chair on the opposite side of the table. A jar was filled and her old pictures were pulled out. The paints were in use as she filled in the old picture with the acrylics. The water became too dirty and as she looked ready to replace it, the paper was cast to the side and a new paper was then brought to my attention. A pencil emerged from the pile of scraps as she began to look at me. A smile branched on her face as the sketch continued. When I finally let my eyes move from her I noticed that the paper was covered in pencil lines that made a shape of a face. My face. The top I was wearing was added and the widest smile I had ever seen. The sketch seemed to give me a smile too big, but when I saw my reflection on the glass, I realised that it wasn't too large and instead just right.

Barely an hour later, Aurora was up against her wall as I kept her in place with my hips when I kissed her and in a moment we were done. I stepped back and watched as she then moved and pulled a pair of black jeans on and the top I wore when I was brought to the house. My mind was filled with escape plans but when I tried to put them into action, I was always missing out on something. Such as the strong and durable features of the glass. The way she watched me and stared at me, it made my heart flutter and my mind knew how important I was to someone.

As her hands grabbed the makeup bag from the desk, she kissed me and then sat on the floor before the mirror. It was a small one but when sat at an angle it could show her face and hair.

A brush ran through her hair but when I had managed to grab a new set of clothes to wear she had almost finished her makeup. My braces kept my trousers up under my sleeveless jumper and she kept the pure and beautiful look on her face. My hands helped me as I landed onto the floor beside Aurora and I watched as she added the lipstick and eyebrows. My arms wrapped around her and then pulled her onto my lap where she sat across me. Her head rested on my top though after a second she moved back and pulled the jumper over my head.

"Nein. Crocs machen eine Frau mehr als das. es ist hässlich. Trage das nie wieder." My mind still couldn't understand but she had used the word 'woman' or something similar to that. I pulled her head back against my chest as we stayed together. My hand rested on her hair but as the time passed I noticed that Aurora was asleep and so I moved to the bed and let her dream whilst on my chest. As she slept my name escaped her lips at odd moments.