Alone.

She was brave and strong and broken all at once. - Anna Funder

Aurora's Pov

Sweat. The whole room was warm and full but the looks of reassurance kept me feeling safe as security kept near to me. No more threats or perverts looking through to me. My body and soul could be freed. Not as easy as it sounded but it didn't matter. I was due to return to my dorm in a few short and painful hours. Work had begun once again and my mind filled with all of my old happy memories.

"Playing with the flowers I picked myself because I know they won't come from anyone else." My voice carried through the dim room. A few pairs of eyes watched me but they kept mainly to the people near to them.

"Now I'm exothermic. Watch me exoburn this. I deserve this. Oh. I deserve this. I deserve it. Ooohhh. I deserve this. I'm still moving cities. I'm still causing storms. I don't know if you know this but when I shoot, I score. Turn it into gold. I make this exothermic. Now watch my heart explode." I finished the song and the music had hardly silenced when the next words came on and I braced for the next song. The dim light kept me well hidden and only the front tables could see me, people tended to just avoid those tables. My eyes never left the edge of the mat that was just before me and beneath me. I was scared that he would be there. Despite the fact that I watched him die. Well, felt him die. My throat was a little red and a small scab had formed but a high neck on my top kept me well covered.

"In this California king bed. We're ten thousand miles apart. I'll be California wishing on these stars. For you're heart on me. My California king. Just when I felt like giving up on us. You turned around and gave me one last touch. That made everything feel better. And even then my eyes got wetter. So confused wanna ask you if you love me. But I don't wanna seem so weak. Maybe I've been California dreaming."

My mind raced with the only song that I was being paid to sing that night. The dim screen was lit up and I smiled. The song was a real sweet one that made me smile every time it was heard. My hands still slightly shook as I held the microphone that was on a stand. I may have been able to lower my hands and still sing into the microphone but I liked the feeling of knowing that it was there. It kept my hands busy. I took in a deep breath and looked up. When I did the entire BAU team sat on the front table with smiles held on all of their faces. Most especially Spencer's. I felt my heart palpitate and began to sing.

"He came to me like a song, Like one I knew all along, And daddy, he got a hold on me, I know you think that it's wrong, But he grew on me like a rose, The sweetest I've ever known, I swear that he got a hold on me, And now I can't let him go, No one ever said it was easy, And I love him, you gotta believe me, No, it don't seem right, But I'll change your mind, mind, Trust in me, I'ma need your blessing, Oh, I love him, I'm confessing, If it takes my life, I'ma change your mind." The song was just a sweet one though not my favourite. Still, as I finished it the lights filled the room and everyone was given the go-ahead to leave. They had to go but I could hear nothing from the BAU table. Sure to the sound they stayed still. The lights turned off and then on again moments later and they all stood to meet me. Penelope almost flooring me and I hugged slightly back. She had felt so bad for everything and yet she wasn't in the wrong. He was. Alex.

I hadn't seen any of them since then. Calls were only made. Officers interviewed me and no sign of them was seen. The small safe house kept me busy as I prepared to go back to my old life. Where I was sane and like most other people. Who had been held as a child porn producer for nearly ten years and could speak two languages, one of which they had to teach themselves in isolation as they didn't speak either language well. They were also kidnapped because a man they slept with in captivity was an FBI agent and the crazy man wanted to hurt him. The common type of student who thought they were crazy but in reality, they didn't even really need to send themselves to a busy institution and rather they were being stalked.