Almost Love.

The meeting if two personalities is like the contact if two chemical substances. If there is any reaction both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Spencer's POV

The case seemed to only be beginning but it was already closing. The office had managed to come back to the buzz like it was before. To me, the room was light and lovely. To me it was perfect.

"Spencer, you and Derek can head to the Ein bar and talk to all of the girls there. They had to know her best." I had been distracted for so long that I forgot we were still talking but I agreed and the pair of us began to talk as we left. Derek looked at his phone and he began to laugh. The dark sky looked like it covered the whole world but in reality, it was only to me that it felt that way.

"Right, the theme tonight it acoustic and also romantic. The line up is here. Are you ready for this?" I looked at him with uncertain and confused eyes.

"Oh come on. Ein is the bar of bars. They have very low lights and pretty girls. A literal piece of the lead singer's contract, who is usually female, is that they have to fit a physical sort of standard for being pretty. They are very well known for their looks and to say that you have dated or if you have even kissed them is something. This is my sort of club." His arm wrapped around me and I shook my head whilst also letting a laugh escape at his antics.

By the time we got there, two bouncers were stood at the door. Derek flashed his badge first and then I followed. My hands returned to my pockets and the two doors were then opened for us to enter. Derek gave a quick thanks to the man with two fingers and then we entered.

"I won't wear makeup on Thursday..." I let the words fall from my attention as we moved to the bar. Derek asked to see the boss and the bartender granted his wish as he let the badge show. My eyes slowly and cautiously moved around the room.

"I'll build my own independence. I don't always need a man. You know sometimes I feel lonely..." The words became ignored once again as the man walked out to see us at the bar.

"You two must be agents Morgan and Reid. I am expecting you. Please, come and sit with me at a table." Not many tables were empty but he was the boss and so tables seemed to be empty to him. One in the corner was at long last chosen. We couldn't see much and not many could see us.

"I suspect that you want to talk to my team. I shall allow it but I ask that you wait. The last worker to finish will be the lead singer. A beautiful girl who I wouldn't mind but, a no means a no. Anyway, you may have all of my workers and possessions at your very disposal. I just need my girls to know that I am ready to care for them. Despite the type of image men like me get I am a fair man." His words rang true as I had studied the place in depth. No bad words could be even forged against the man as he cared for all of his workers.

"You're all I need and sing, sing, sing to me. Won't you please sing to me. Won't you sing me your sweet lullaby. Just the sound of your voice is all I need." Her voice was a kind and gentle one. Everyone at the dark tables were caught up with themselves but if they pulled from it at any point then they may have recognised how nice she sounded.

"You just took for granted I wanted to skinny dip..." The voice ran through the pair of us and Derek paid close attention until a worker was spoken to. They all gave the same responses and many were close to if not actually crying. Tissues were given to them and they thanked Morgan as he was more than happy to help them.

"We don't have to take our clothes off to have a good time." The song seemed a little odd for such a bar but the singing sheet was seen. The list seemed to hold empty or filled spaces where customers could ask for songs. It seemed like a good idea. None of the workers had a bad word to say against Mr Lee or the girls who had been killed. Something had not been adding up.