86

"Blue One, what are you doing?" Someone asked.

"I...I'm not sure," I truthfully replied. "Emma is my friend. I can't just..."

"Blue One, speak if you wish."

Oh. So apparently I hadn't spoken that. Oops.

I suddenly moved back. They...wouldn't kill her...they would...

Emma suddenly dropped to the ground.

"Begin again!" The leader shouted, and the chanting began, louder. More messed up. Emma laid on the ground, unmoving, blood pouring slowly out of the pin prick on her arm.

Unmoving.

Unbreathing.

Dead.

And so I moved - as did Mabel, as did Blueberry, as did everyone. Chaos of fighting ensued as we raged from the loss of our friend.

Ella snuck away, I briefly noticed. But then I ignored that as three members of the cult "respectfully bowed" to me, then began to fight me.

They threw punches, mostly. One or two of the three had ritualistic knives, which they haphazardly and carelessly used.

I did my best to dodge the first knife blow as another went to punch me from the left.

The knife nicked me and a string feeling of cold washed over me, black bricks returning to my skin.

"You...think thAt'll wOrk wIth mE?" A demonic voice commanded, one I still was surprised by.

The cultists looked the scared but they still came after me.

A mess of near misses, punches, kicks, and a scratch later they lay knocked out on the ground.

I'm not so demonic that I'd kill.

And suddenly, a new figure appeared in the grand hall.

"WhAt Is gOIng On hErE, IdIOt hUmAns? ShAll I hAvE tO tAkE yOUr hEADs?"