6

I don't know why I considered him a friend.

All things considered, I was mortal-wait. Immortal enemies-with him, just a few weeks ago?

I wonder why Bills' human form seemed...so attractive. His utter insanity seems to have been knocked down a few pegs, and bloodlust with it.

He took school seriously...well, as seriously as an all-knowing being can. His schedule was identical to mine except he was taking Latin.

It had been about a week since school had begun, and since Bill had become my friend.

"Hey kid!" Bill walked up to me in the hall, ten minutes before class begun.

"Hey Bill. What is it this time?"

"I was thinking-you should switch from French to Latin! That way, I could teach you some spells!"

"Wait...you're not pulling my leg, are you?"

"Nope! C'mon kid, what do you say? We could even make this a deal. In return I'll do one crazy thing. Whatever you want."

"Deal." I said quickly, not wanting to pass up the opportunity to embarrass him.

He took my hand and shook it, a small, barely noticeable blue flame seeping in between our hands.

He didn't notice how red my face was, instead he acted like a five-year-old.

"Let's go change your schedule right now!" He said, dragging me to the counselor's office. Our schools counselor took care of schedule changes as well.

Bill dragged me all the way there, then knocked on the door and waited, not letting go of my hand.

"Hello kids. What can I do for you?" The middle school counselor asked us.

I was too flustered to speak, Bill still holding my hand.

"Dipper here wants to change from French to Latin for his language!" Bill said cheerily.

All I could do is nod.

"Well then," the counselor said, "we'll change you over immediately!" She lead us inside her office and clicked a few things on her computer, then sent us on our way.

Bill held my hand the whole freaking time.

"What's wrong kid?" Bill asked as he led me to Study. Not releasing my hand.

"N-nothing..." I lied.

"Aw, getting all flustered 'cause I'm holding your hand?"

So he didn't forget he was holding my hand.

"N-n-no." Liar. I was a liar.

"Of course I didn't forget!"

Don't read my mind, Cipher.

"Fine fine. I won't."