58

"Firestone? Do you recognize this man?" Aster inquired.

"I can assure you he's some type of deity...but..."

"What?"

"Aster, there was someone who seemed more powerful at the Grand Summoning."

"More so? I highly doubt it. He is the most powerful in all ancient scriptures, according to the Great One. Even if he may not look it now."

"Yes, I know that, but even so..."

Dipper's P.O.V.

"These documents...are you sure?" Mabel asked me.

"No. but it's at least something."

"True."

"I'm going to go through the articles and find clues...I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Goodnight, Bro-bro."

"Goodnight Mabel."

Click.

I shut my phone off as soon as she hung up.

"Okay. Back to work?" I asked.

"Yup! Unless you want to take a food and caffeine break."

"That's probably smart."

"Okay! Follow me to Le Kitchen!" Ella tatted down the stairs, me following after.

You're useless, Dipper.

My own voice had come back to insult me again. It happened more and more frequently.

Why couldn't you have saved him? Thrown yourself in the way? Knocked the gun out of Ford's hands?

I don't know.

I don't know.

I don't know.

"Dipper?"

"Dipper?"

"You there, Dip?" Ella's third attempt to get my attention surprised me.

"Y-yeah."

"If you need sleep, lemme know. I'll keep going and we can research in shifts."

12:03 showed on the clock.

"No, it's probably better if we both research. Faster."

"Whatever you say, Sir Dippingsauce."

"Mabel?"

"Yup. Mabel."

Mabel tells everyone the dumb nicknames she has for me.

When we got our caffeine and food fix, we headed back to the study in Ella's home. Her parents were away for the weekend, so we were researching our new Operation.

"Okay then, Operation Tri is back! Go!" Ella shouted.

Emma was coming over tomorrow to help.

"Okay, so does this make sense?" I drew my red string from the image representing the "Dandi Cult" to Bill's picture, and to a few other clues.

Oh yeah. The clues.

Here's our list.

•Cult
•Vaporization
•Bill
•necklace

This was just for locating him, so it had to be pretty simple. We had dug into the Known Cultist Database (don't ask how Ella got access to that...she scares me sometimes), and figured out a cult had summoned him that time.

We were on a roll.

"Well, Dandi doesn't seem like the type to summon demons. They're more...political-figures-are-god oriented," Ella stated, scanning their profile.

"True."

"Maybe it was Trilive. They're triangle-oriented."

I moved the "Trilive" image to Possible and the "Dandi" image to Probably Not.

"What about that one?" I pointed over Ella's shoulder.

"Grand Symbol United is a small cult, incapable of any demon summonings. They only accept members who are a symbol off of demon wheels.  For the Past 2 Eras, they seem to have died out. Their last know location was...oh no..." Ella trailed off.

"Where?" I said impatiently, connecting more things together-or at least trying to.

"Just outside of Gravity Falls. Their main goal is to successfully summon a powerful demon and bend it to their will. That's what the profile says."

I felt a bit of rage build up in me.

"Grand Symbol United, you said?" I asked again.

"That's an alias, but yes."

"I think they might be a possibility."

"I also found this one, stationed in Gravity Falls."

"What is it called?" I asked her.

"The Society Of The Blind Eye. Their main thing they say is-"

"It is unseen." I finished.

"Are...are you part of a cult?!" Ella asked, panicking.

"No. Mabel and I defeated them. They're disbanded."

"Badass," Ella breathed.

"Eh, now back to more cult searching?"

"On it!"