|14| phantom's return

ابدأ من البداية

"Whatever. Look, I have something to tell you guys."

"What is it?"

Lilo looks back to make sure no ones behind her, then crouches.

"Taehyung's not been in the best mental health lately, so a psychiatrist is coming soon to see him."

Jungkook tucks his lips questionably and looks at his feet while scratching his ear.

"A psychiatrist? I thought it was dangerous to let people in the house??" Teddy asks.

"It is. I managed to find a super confidential one that agreed to return a signed NDA before coming here. Not as myself of course. I just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. Taehyung doesn't like to talk about it, it makes him feel weird."

"It's okay, we understand." Jimin nods.

"Yeah, the guy's hiding five friends and a wanted criminal for Pete's sake. I would've went crazy weeks ago— Ow! What did I do now?!"

"Don't say crazy." Winter corrects.

—LILO'S POV—

Footsteps enter the room. We all turn around to see Taehyung going to the fridge. "Morning."

I follow him and wrap my arms around his waist from behind when he takes out a water bottle. He turns and pinches my chin. I can feel his sprouted mustache brushing my lip as we kiss.

"I'm glad you've had some sleep. The psychiatrist should be here soon."

"Oh, right. The psychiatrist..."

"You still want to do it right?"

"I do. It's just... I don't know. I'll feel awkward if it's just me."

"Then I'll sit by you." I nod. "I'll be there for the first half, and once you're comfortable I'll let you have your privacy."

"Sounds perfect." He kisses me with a lingering smile. I can tell he's not comfortable with the idea of seeking help just yet, but he's willing to try, and for that I'm so proud of him.

"Which reminds me... I know the other night I told you no more secrets... So it wouldn't be fair if I didn't come clean too." I say.

"What do you mean?"

"Well it's about my parents—"

*Ding dong!*

We stiffen.

Everyone looks at me and I furrow my eyebrows. "The psychiatrist shouldn't be here for another hour..."

"Uh oh, is that bad?" Teddy whispers.

Hoseok gets up, "Let me get it."

He disappears behind the foyer and we all hold our breath as we hear the door unlock in the distance. Seconds go by.

"...I don't hear much. Think it's a cop?" Jungkook murmurs.

"I-I don't kno—"

Hoseok quickly runs back into the room.

"Guys, it's a girl. Do I let her in?"

"Huh? A girl?" Jimin asks.

"Well give more details!" Taehyung says, "She could be a cop."

"She doesn't really look like a cop."

"What does she look like?"

"Uh, black hair... Bangs... Crying."

"Crying?"

"I-I don't know. Poor girl looks like someone did a number on her."

My eyes run laps along the floor.