45) Team Seven's First Mission

Start from the beginning

"Iruka. It is fine." He said.

"But Lord Third, he-"

"I said, it is fine, Iruka." He added, making Iruka sigh.

"Yes sir." He said, stepping back, in his original position. Naruto looked up at Iruka.

"Mhhm." Naruto said, sticking his tongue out at Iruka, in a taunting manner.

"Narutooo." Iruka growled, making Naruto giggle. My father looked at me, then back at Naruto, a pondering decision contemplating in his tired eyes. He looked down at the paper work on his desk, before letting out a heavy sigh.

"If I may?" I intervened, interrupting the thoughts in my father's mind. He looked at me and nodded, allowing me to speak.
"If it is only a C-Ranked mission, then maybe it would be a good idea to let them experience it first-hand. I mean, they'll have to do it eventually right?" I asked, earning a gasp from Iruka.

"What?! Absolutely not!" Iruka said, as my head shot over to him.

"And why not?" I crossed my arms, challenging him.

"It could be dangerous!" He replied, as I nodded.

"I understand that Iruka, but you can't protect these kids forever. They are trying to become ninja! How do you expect them to grow if you keep them tied down, with no room to grow?!" I copped back.

"But they're just kids! And I refuse to watch my students-"

"They are no longer your students Iruka. They are mine and Kakashi's now." I stated, cutting him off, making him frown.
"Kakashi and I were once a part of a squad that helped with many battles when we as young as these three right here. And given our records, do you really think we couldn't be able to protect them during something as small as a C-ranked mission?" I asked, making him bite his tongue and frown. Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke looked up between the two of us, the tension definitely suffocating everyone in the room.
"They are kids yes. They have a lot to learn, before I will ever consider them adults. But they are under our care now. It's a C- ranked mission, not a battle, and not a war. It's just a mission." I said, before looking towards my father. "With all due respect, in my personal opinion, if they want a mission so bad sir, then let's give them a mission."

"I don't know—" my father pondered.

"Team Minato's first real mission was a C-ranked one. And you let us try the mission earlier than anyone else, because we were in capable hands... I can promise you that Kakashi and I will do everything we can to protect those kid's, and anyone else that we need to during this mission. Allow Kakashi and me the chance to prove that we are those capable hands dad. Let's give team seven a little test run." I added.

"Oh please old man!!" Naruto begged, giving him a big blue eyed pout.

"Aw come on dad, can you really say no that face, can you?" I asked.
"And if by chance your answer is yes you can... Then can you really say no to this face?" I asked, pointing to the best puppy dog pout I could muster.
"I mean come on; I'm even batting my eyelashes." I said jokingly.

"If you think-"

"If you love me... You'll say yes." I added in, as a joke.

"Oh come on!" Iruka said annoyed.
"That's not fair." He added, making me scowl at him.

"You might be a Sensei, Iruka, but I'm older than you. I know what's fair and what's not. My puppy dog eyes are no match for you kid." I said sassily.
"Dad in all honesty, this is my first real mission in years. I'm probably a little rusty, and I think having Kakashi and the kids would really help me out. Keep me on my toes even... In a good way." I stated. Naruto looked up at me, and I gave him a little wink.