1. Necessary

Song: One step at a time -Jordin Sparks

"Summer's right over there, look. I'm— Stop. Don't look, don't look. I mean you can look, but don't look like you're looking." -Seth, The O.C

***

"I'm so sick of this fake love, fake love, fake love

I'm so sorry but it's fake love, fake love, fake love" The sound of my phone ringing blasts forcing me to wake up and slide the green button, I proceed to place it next to my ear.

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Hannah are you still asleep? We've started the event," Kristina's voice comes through.

"Event? What eve..." I quickly sit up wide awake. "Shoot! Thank you!" I say and quickly hang up.

Rubbing the back of my palm across my eyes I stretch and look around. My eyes landing on Kristina's bed which was empty. She had gone home for the weekend and so I was alone in the room. I had told her to wake me up in time for the event as I spent the whole day studying and finally had time to take a nap after completing my calculus exam.

Supposedly, upon Shang Ye finding out that the five people who won the competition to write were him, Sellingfish, Drinkingwine, Dancinglove and Summerheat, he'd felt it was unfair to those with smaller readers. He therefore, suggested adding another competition for two more writers who would end up writing the story with them that'd be made into a mini movie.

When I heard this news, I couldn't think straight for a while. If Shang Ye writes for this book, it would truly be a career booster for the amateur author that joins, but most importantly it would be a great book! Also, as someone who was his biggest fan...this was quite tempting...Hence with no confidence in my wining but not wanting to beat myself for never having tried I had entered the competition.

That was five months ago, five months later...my book had not come a breaths close to winning and with that breath my dreams came tumbling down. But Kristina being the lucky person she was actually not only got her book to millions of reads but was chosen as one of the two authors who won the competition!

At first right after they informed her she won, I was envious of her good fortune at being close to my favorite writer but when she explained how she wasn't actually close to him and how he was scarcely involved in their talks I had laughed. Master as we his fans fondly called him will always be master The master of hiding his real identity, keeping a low profile, stealing hearts with words and stories, so all my attempts to get information about my favorite author fell flat and instead my ears were filled with technicalities.

Wattpad's 20th anniversary celebration was a huge event. Many of its big authors would make an appearance and would participate in the program in various ways. On that day, the finished version of the work by all seven authors was going to be uploaded to Wattpad, along with a trailer. Everyone was excited and could talk about nothing else for the five months leading to it.

Though each of the holy five were each very popular in their own right, no one knew them well like their fans and hence no one was sure what to expect. Each of them had a huge fandom backing that was specific to each fans taste, hence to see all five coming together with two lesser known compared to them, authors was the talk of wattpad.

To keep the interest going, they were hosting an instagram live event for the anniversary program. They were going to decide on the genre and introduce themselves to the readers who may not be as familiar with their works due to having different genre and writing tastes. Also seeing as Shang Ye never went beyond writing three works in a year but was going away from his normal rules to make a fourth- for wattpad- there was great attention on wattpad by non wattpad readers, hollywood, the media and general public who had grown to love his works. Hence this event was absolutely necessary to introduce the writers who'd be working with him that the world outside of wattpad was unfamiliar with.