23. Shades off

Song: Taeyeon Fine

How's everyone doing? We get to meet someone important finally. Was this a shock or expected

"I think they're just trying to make sure we're a sane, stable couple. I guess they've had some trouble in the past. Apparently, Padma Lakshmi and Salman Rushdie broke up during their stay, and it caused all kinds of drama." Dan Huphrey Gossip Girl 

***

I arrive in front of the building and stand with apprehension. 

A lady comes by and places her key against the key code. The door beeps and opens up. She looks at me and smile.

I follow after her and step into the building. Thee doorman greets the lady and walks over to me.

"Good day, please who are you here to see?" He asks.

"Nanchen," I say to which the lady stops walking and turns back to look at me.

The doorman turns to also loo at her.

"You're a friend of Chen's?" She asks.

Chen? I wonder, ah Nanchen.

"Yes, do you know him?" I ask to which she smiles and takes off her shade.

"Yes, I can take you up," She says.

"Oh, thank you," I reply and follow after her. She leads me to the elevator. The walls were filled mirrors with encouraging words on it.

As we get into the elevator I wonder if i should introduce myself. However, she gets a call and gets preoccupied. I quickly text Shangye. "I'm headed upstairs,"

He doesn't respond. Once the floor gets to 21st floor I step out and so does the lady. I wonder if she is also headed to Shang Ye's place however she turns to the other side and walks away.

I walk to the apartment and take deep breaths in haling and exhaling trying to calm myself down. 

I hear deep laughter followed by curses from familiar voices that cause me to break into a smile. 

Seems like a lot of people I knew where here. Good, I didn't feel as nervous anymore. Hence, I quickly ring the doorbell.

"Jasper some one is at the door,"

"Go get it,"

"Isn't this your house?"

"Aren't you also in it?"

"I'm a visitor,"

"If you're a visitor then I am a stranger,"  Jasper says as I hear his voice come closer followed by the sound of the door opening. 

"It's Hannah!" Jasper announces once he opens the door.

"Hannah?!" I hear as the sound of the rush of feet is heard as a group of familiar faces show up in front of me.

"Hey Hannah!"

"Welcome,"

"Why are you acting like it's your house?" Jasper asks Justin.

"Didn't you say I wasn't a stranger?"

"Didn't you claim you were a visitor?" Jasper responds to which I chuckle.

"Hey everyone," I reply smiling.

"Come on in, we don't bite," 

"Nanchen arrived a few minutes before you and he's in the kitchen,"Jasper says.

"Make yourself at home, Hannah,"Summerheat says as she passes me a pair of slippers. I notice everyone's shoes by the door and quickly take mine off.

After changing into a pair of slippers, I watch as everyone runs back to the living room where they were playing some sort of card game ignoring me as if I was an old friend and not a first timer in this home.