Part 14- Fight training

"Ninety-eight....ninety-nine....one hundred."

Tiredly, I flopped to the floor, huffing and puffing out of breath. My heart-beat was rapidly pounding against my sweat-ridden chest in agony from the intense workout: One hundred push-ups. My gaze manoeuvres upwards towards the harsh, shadowed figure in front of me and my soft teal-green eyes locked onto the harsh stone-cold grey ones; accustomed with a malicious smirk below them.

It had been a week since my scandalous act during the briefing. Luckily for me, the mission went ahead as normal with me taking part. But I think it's needless to say that Levi is not messing around. I need to be careful about his ruling authority within the Mafia as a whole- rather than just with me. If I push the fairly strict boundaries too much, I could end up kicked out for good. If worse comes to worst I'll have to give up on Levi with the connection and passion we once shared. But I won't let that happen. Ever.

Not in a million years.

Suddenly, Levi stands up from his seated position on a beige wooden jump box laced with scuffs from shoes; he circles my deflated form of athletic weakness before offering me a hand up to my sore feet. I, of course, take it with a pinch of pain and gain the minimal strength I need to stand just from his slight touch. His dry, slender fingers grazing mine once again as he retracts his hand from my warm, sweaty, and tanned one.

Still panting slightly from oxygen debt,  I take gulps of water at a time to regain the lost energy and rehydrate myself.

"I won't lie to you, You've done well. You honestly have. However... it's not enough. Your technique still sucks and we must work on your fighting stance and skills." He orders as he crossed his muscular arms- veins prominently shown. Walking around me, his steel lenses analysed me and my current position- looking for my imperfections and weaknesses.
"Get in a fighting stance." I hesitate, wondering cautiously what was going to happen.

"Now!" Without as much as a second thought I do as told, forearms raised to defend my face and knees bent to gain solid ground. My arms were still aching from the push-ups previously, but I shoved aside the pain to focus on my next task. From here I await Levi's next crucial instructions.

Without a warning Levi swings his forceful, toned fist towards my face- a flush of air following it. In defence I blocked it by crossing my arms in an 'X' formation. Upon contact a harsh, stinging pain ran down my arms, throbbing as time passed by. I scrunched my face, squeezing my eyes as a way to take the force of the pain. 

Levi quickly moves in for another strike, but this time I saw it coming and dodged it, swiftly swaying to the left while his fist swung right. Levi throws hits left, right and centre; mercilessly aiming for my face, stomach and arms. With each swing I could feel the brush of the air as it was shoved away smoothly. A couple throws land on my cheek and arms, however I am able to recover fairly quickly, taking a few seconds to regain my breath after each hit.

For a couple seconds Levi stopped, regaining his energy while foolishly believing I too would be recovering. But no. This time I was prepared. I took this split second opportunity to thrust my right arm forward and take a hit to his throat. The sheer force causing Levi to stagger backwards and grip his throat, gasping slightly.

I winded him.

I watched with a smirk of confidence as his face contorted into one of pain and anger, scrunching up together while grunting in annoyance. I moved in to deal another blow, this time to his stomach. Pivoting my foot, my left fist approached his abdomen with full force. I could hear the strike as contact was made. For the second time I landed the throw, my tight balled fist colliding into the toned, firm abs. Let's just stay the blow hurt me as well as him. Levi bent over in a hunch trying to catch his now ragged breath- head hung low. 

I had the lead now.

I wasn't going to let this chance slip out of my fingers- I went for a side kick to the left shoulder. With a slight grunt I pivoted my left foot and raised my right leg high enough to match his shoulders as I went in for the blow at full force with my arms tucked into my chest.

Although, I underestimated him. Without a second to waste Levi forcefully grips my ankle, pulling it out and away from him swiftly. I struggled to maintain my balance as I began to panic about the consequence for attempting such a outgoing move on my leader.

"You think it's funny to try sneak attack me." Levi growls while keeping his firm grip on my ankle. Huffs could be heard from a mile away and he smirked at me- watching me wither in slight agitation from failure and pain.

"Just remember who your trainer is. Then rethink your next move." I grunt as he released my ankle from his grasp, watching as I regained my strength.
"Your enemies won't go easy on you- don't get cocky with your moves. Clearly the side kick is too advance for you. Let me teach you how to throw punches properly first." My eyes grew wide as he insulted my throws- even though I hit him twice! But that was him going easy on me?

Damn.

Looks like I have a lot to learn.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Damn guys has it been a while...  (like 6 months... 😬)

I hope this part is satisfactory for you all as you deserve a good part for your patience!

I hope you have all been well while I've been absent! DM if you want to chat!

-Shortantix~out!-