Chapter Fourteen*

Narrowing my eyes as Zabuza and Haku made their way dramatically through the fog, I pulled my nagi from it's resting place on my shoulder and stood in a lazy fighting stance. They stopped a few feet in front of us, Zabuza's sword resting on his shoulder, Haku standing next to him like an obedient servant. Both surrounded by Water clones.

"It looks like you've lost one of the little gaki's." Kakashi scoffed, seemingly ignoring the obvious snuff to his team leader capabilities. 

"This ones even shaking, how sad." Zabuza's eyes flickered to Sasuke, who was indeed shaking. Sasuke smirked, an almost wild look in his eyes that I had never seen before. 

"I'm shaking.....from excitement!" Kakashi glanced at Sasuke and grinned.

"Go for it Sasuke."

Sasuke took off in a blur of speed, leaving behind nothing but puddles of water. He reappeared in his previous spot next to me and I gave him a proud smile, while also tugging on one of his spikes. Outwardly he looked like he always did, indifferent, aloof, but you could see in his eyes he was relishing in my praise. Turning our attention back to our enemy's I caught Zabuza staring at Sasuke with interest.

"Hmm, Looks like this one might be a challenge for you Haku."

He glanced at the stoic blank faced child behind him and smirked, Haku just nodded.

"Go, Haku."

Haiku gave a quick nod before engaging Sasuke, I understood that this was Sasuke's fight and stepped closer to Sakura and Tazuna, slightly shielding them with my body. Kakashi's back tensed and glanced at us.

"Amelia, Sakura, protect Tazuna and stay close to me."

Nodding I grabbed Tazuna and jumped back to give Kakashi space, sakura quickly following me.

Glancing over at Sasuke, I saw a large structures of ice, I could't see Sasuke fully but I did catch a glimpse of him everyone and then. The sound of Kakashi's voice brought me back to their fight.

"You've already made a mistake attacking this group. You see Sakura is the brightest kuinoichi Konoha has to offer, Sasuke is the genuis rookie of the year with unmatched potential of his generation, Amelia is the next up and coming head of the T&I department, and Naruto... Naruto is Konoha's most unpredictable knuckle headed ninja."

I felt a bit touched that he saw such potential in me. Zabuza scoffed and attacked, swinging his sword, it whistled as it cut through the air. Kakashi stopped it with a kunia, his arm shaking as he slightly struggled, his body not yet 100%.

My body was tense, I wanted to help but I knew I was nowhere near trained enough to help in this situation. Knowing I would be more or a liability. That irritated me. I would have to ask Ibiki and Anko to up my already heavy training.

In the few months I had been in Konoha I was quickly given to Ibiki and Anko to train. Training. Just thinking about it almost made me want sag in exhaustion. It was much worse than when  I was on the Marine base. The phantom aches and soreness all over my body. It was brutal. If it had just been ibiki I would think I would have been alright. His training mostly consisted over a range of things all being some of the most important skills a ninja needed, such as, stealth, mental training, information gathering, control over the facial features, how to lie properly, keeping your pulse calm, and most of all, torture exercise. 

The only torture 'exercise' I had previously had was when Luffy had been taken. He was currently teaching me to- in a way 'store' my pain in a separate mind space and receding into my main mind space, most if not all our sessions were done with a man named Inoichi, the head of the yamanaka clan, said clan specialized in the mind jutsu.