Chapter Five*

OKAY SO I'M GOING TO TRY AND UPDATE EVERY WEDNESDAY. HOPEFULLY.

I woke up before everyone and slipped out of Luffy's embrace. Though it was a challenge as he wrapped his arms twice around my waist. I nudged Salem a little and he woke up. He looked at me and I put a finger to my lips. He nodded his small head and ruffled his feathers quietly while following me. I stepped over the traps and made my way down the base.

I looked at the sun rise and concluded that it was 6 in the morning. I ran with Salem flying next to me, to Dadan's house. I opened the door and saw them all still asleep. I got out all the things to make a cake and set to it.  I poured in the cake mix, cracked the eggs, melted the butter and mixed it in. Then I put in  baking powder, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, and finally heavy cream. 

I don't know how I did it but I managed to not wake anyone up. And they were supposed to be criminals, It was almost disgraceful. I waited next to the oven and watched it slowly rise and bake. Finally the oven dinged and I quickly took it out.

I carefully put the cake, candles, and matches into a small box. I made my way to the door and saw Salem and the dog staring at each other. The other dog huffed and left. I smirked and Salem swiveled his head towards me, tilting in question.

"Come on. We'll be late." 

I was about to leave when I saw a bottle of Sake sitting next to Dadan. I walked over quietly and picked it up. I balanced the cake with one hand and carried the Sake under my arm. I opened the door and slipped out. I quickly speed walked back to the base. I didn't want to run in case I dropped the cake.

By the time I got to the base It was already 8. I put the cake, sake, and Salem into a crate and climbed quickly up the tree. I pulled the crate up and Salem hopped out. I picked up the cake and sake and placed them onto another crate.

I looked over to see Luffy awake. I smiled and walked over to him. I ruffled his hair affectionately and he gave me that large smile I loved to see. I waited a little bit until Sabo and Ace finally woke up. I smiled at Ace and he looked at me with a raised eyebrow While rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Sabo, Luffy, and I looked at each other and nodded.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ACE!"

I put a finger in my ear and tried to clear my hearing. They didn't have to scream. He's sitting right there. I just sighed and opened the box taking the cake out. I tossed the box away and made Ace sit right in front of it. I put 11 candles on the cake and lit them. He blew them out and I cut the cake. I handed Sabo, Luffy and Ace a piece before I got one for Salem and I. The cake was vanilla with blue icing.

I finished my cake and went to my backpack to pull out Ace's gift. It was wrapped in a forest green paper with a red bow on top. I handed it to him and he look surprised that I got him anything. I popped open the sake as he unwrapped the gift. He opened the box and held up the hat. He smiled and put it on. It looked really good on him.

"It looks good on you Ace!"

I nodded along with Sabo at Luffy's compliment. Ace looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Thanks Amy."

I nodded at him and Sabo handed him his and Luffy's gift. They had gotten him a  flag that had all our initials on it ASLA. I smiled and climbed to the very top of the base. They watched as I attached the flag to the pole. It waved strongly in the wind. Ace hugged all of us. 

"Thanks guys. This was a good birthday."

"No problem Ace. We're family and family sticks together!"

We laughed and hung out all day eating and drinking sake- well I was drinking sake they just ate.

Though we didn't know that it would be the last time we ever hung out all together.