Chapter Twelve*

~RECAP~

Amelia was so completely focused on moving the chakra to her hand, the sound of birds went right over her head.

When she was finally confident to open her eyes and trying to complete the jutsu, she saw in her had was....

~RECAP END~

....Was a bit disapointing.

The 'Chidori' as it was called was nothing but a small spark that gave a chirp every now and then.

I was so disappointed, I lost concentration and the chidori died. I sighed and grunted, frustrated that it didn't really work, but if everyone got it on the first try, it wouldn't be called progress.

Kakashi clapped.

"Well it was your first try and you still got father then I did. It took me almost 5 weeks to get that far. So good job."

I huffed but nodded. 

The rest of training. Roughly four and half hours,  Were spent meditating, tapping into my chakra, groans of frustration, and finally ending in chakra exhaustion. Kakashi had left some time in the middle of my training to go check on the boys, but he never came back.

By the time I got back to the house I was dragging my feet and my entire body ached. I was just ready to go to bed and sleep for a really long time.

Opening the door the sounds of voices and clattering of spoons, bowls hitting the table, and the smell of cooked food rushed my senses.

Sasuke and Naruto were sitting across from each other with Sakura on Naruto's right and Kakashi on Sasuke's left. An open chair at the head of the table next to both Sasuke and Naruto just for me with a bowl of soup already set down and waiting for me.

Sasuke greeted me with a cute mix of both a happy and surprised grunt and a small bounce in his seat, while Naruto greeted me loudly, Kakashi a nod of the head, Sakura a smile.

I happily sat down and whispered a prayer of thanks before slowly digging in to my meal.

The boys raced each other on who could consume the most food but ended up just throwing everything back up, while Sakura was scolding loudly I tugged on one of Sasuke's spikes and gave him a small scolding glare that settled him down while Sakura just kept going on and on talking about something I didn't even bother listening too to Naruto.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a small boy around the 8 years old slowly walk dow the stairs, when he noticed us all talking happily he seemed to turn to anger.

"You all should just leave now. Gato's gonna kill all of you!"

Tsunami seemed horrified at what he said and turned to scold him.

"Inari! Don't say things like that! Apologize!"

He spun around to glare at his mother.

"It's true! He's going to kill them all!"

Naruto grunted and turned to Inari with eyes narrowed.

"Hey, don't underestimate us kid! We can totally beat him!"

Inner seemed to growl and clenched his fists by his sides. I was just listening and watching along with Kakashi, Sakura, and Sasuke, wondering when the kid was going to end his little rant. I just wanted to sleep.

"You don't get it! He's to strong! You wouldn't know! You don't know anything! I bet you ninja all just sit around while the people around you hand you everything in a silver platter! You don't know what it's like to struggle everyday you all ju- Shut up you brat!"

I turned my gaze to Naruto as his anger seemed to rear it's head.

"It's you who doesn't know what your talking about! Just shut up! We'll do it! That I can Promise you! Just you watch! I'm not gonna keep my head down and hide! So just SHUT UP!"

With that Naruto harshly pushed back his chair and stomped to the door.

"Naruto? Where are you going?!"

Sakura piped up from her chair, quite snottily I might add. I'll have to work with her on that. Definitely.

"To train! I'll beat Gapo or whatever his name is! Believe it!"

I sighed and finished eating, taking all the finished bowls and washing them despite Tsunami's protests. Sasuke came to help me at some point and he walked up the stairs with Salem trotting a few stairs ahead of us every two stairs he would look back at us and give a look that said 'Come on'. Sasuke gathered his clothes and took a quick bath and I went in after he finished.

I sat back against the rim of the tub and sighed. I missed Luffy. I miss Ace. Hell I missed Dadan and the others, Mikoto and... and Sabo.

I never understood these days. Some days I was alright, some days I was great but some days... I just felt sad. All the time. I never understood why. Usually I pushed through the day and then the next wouldn't be so bad. but sometimes I felt like I just needed to cry for a long time, to get it all out of my system and restart at zero. Then when it hit one hundred to just cry it all out and reset. The burn in my chest that seemed to be there all the time would throb until it was all I could feel.

I heard a knock on the door and said I would be out in a few minutes and heard the footsteps walk away. I stood from the tub and dried off, threw on my baggy sweats and oversized shirt and stepped out. I bid Sasuke and everyone goodnight and settled on the bed next to Sakura's and laid my head on the pillow. Naruto still wasn't home but that didn't really concern me. He could take care of himself. I would look for him in the morning.

Sighing I turned on my side and closed my eyes.

-----------------------

WELP.... HELLO. I'M BACK, SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. I FEEL LIKE THE ENDING OF THIS CHAPTER GETS DEEPER INTO AMELIA'S LIFE AND HOW SHE FEELS SO I'M PRETTY HAPPY WITH THIS CHAPTER.

BYE

CIAO~

The_Little_Badger