Chapter Thirteen*

HOPEFULLY THIS GETS FINISHED AND UPLOADED ON THE 7TH OF JUNE BUT IF NOT, OH WELL.

WHY MAY YOU ASK DO I NEED THIS UPLOADED ON THE 7TH?

WELL.....

IT'S THE DAY OF MY BIRTH!

THE DAY I POPPED OUT AFTER 9 LONG MONTHS OF INCUBATING.

THE DAY I ESCAPED THE WOMB!

YES, MY BIRTHDAY.

I'M FINALLY 17. AFTER WAITING 364 LONG AND TIRING DAYS.

AHEM...

WELL ENJOY THE CHAPTER!

I had never been a morning person. With that said I squinted at who ever woke me up and could just make out a black haired person who's hair resembled a duck. I quickly grabbed their hand, a  startled grunt was all I heard as I pulled them down next to me and turned onto my side. Snuggling the soft hair and smiling.

Now realizing it was Sasuke I snuggled even closer. His soft hair tickling my throat. I smiled softly as I heard him grumble but he made no indication that he wanted to move. I started stroking and running my hands through his hair and he gave a content sigh. It had been a while since we could just lay here and enjoy each others company.

Based on the position of the shadows on the walls I could tell it was around six in the morning. Not bad but I would have liked to sleep a little longer, but with the mission and training in mind I sighed and sat up, still hugging Sasuke to my chest. He took it in stride and made no complaints as I stood and his feet barely touched the floor. Of course I was only 3 inches taller than him.

I waddled out of my room and slowly made my down the stairs and into the dining room. I sat down and shifted Sasuke onto the chair next to me. All the while Kakashi and Tsunami watched us with small smiles. I gave a small smile to Kakashi and thanked Tsunami when she placed a small bowl full of eggs over rice and a cup of chamomile tea.

"Itadakimas."

Digging into the food, I barely noticed when Sakura and Naruto sat down, taking their respective bowls and thanking Tsunami.

~Time Skip~

Walking into the clearing where we had trained the past couple of days, we came a cross a laughing Naruto sticking upside down on a thick tree branch.

"I did it dattaboy!"

I could tell kakashi was silently proud but just as he was about to say something Naruto's chakra was disrupted and he started to fall just as I was about to run to his aid when he just laughed and pointed at us.

"Hahaha I got you! I got you!" As he was laughing his chakra disrupted again but this time Naruto's face had a look of panic before a pale hand shot out and grabbed Naruto's ankle. I let out the breath I was holding when I realized Sasuke caught him just in time.

Next to me Sakura growled and clenched her fists, her face scrunched in anger.

"Baka Naruto! Next time we're just going to let you fall, that was so dangerous you cou-"

I tuned out of Sakura's lecture and quickly glanced at Kakashi, who was sighing and shaking his head. I nudged him and he looked at me.

"Just wait. You can't get rid of us until we're chunin."

I watched in amusement as his shoulders seemed to slump down even more than his usual lazy stance. I patted him on the back in mock sympathy, and I could have sworn Kakashi pouted.

~Time Skip~

We decided to leave Naruto and Salem home. Naruto's was chakra was still seriously depleted. All the training he was doing had taken a toll on his body even with his huge reserves.

Just as we were about to step onto the bridge I could make out bodies on the ground through the fog. I stopped along with the rest of the team and waited for Karachi's orders.

"Zabuza is here isn't he Kakashi-sensei."

Sakura had a slight look of fear and on the edge panic when the mist began to thicken.

I pulled my Naginata closer to my body and wide my stance. I was starting to get tired of changing my weapons so often and promised my self that when we got back to Konoha that I would work on my weapons.

I already had my Naginata for close range and my guns for far range, all I needed was my mid range and I would be an all around combat fighter, which appealed to me.

Bringing myself to reality I saw two shadows coming closer and readied myself for the upcoming  inevitable fight.

"Kakashi&co, glad you could make it."

---------------------------------------------

CIAO~

The_Little_Badger